Luverne is the county seat of Rock County Minnesota. The county holds the distinction of being one of four counties in the state of Minnesota without a natural lake. It is one of four towns profiled in the 2007 Ken Burns documentary The War. It is the main setting for the second season of the TV show Fargo.
By Bus - Greyhound, Jefferson Bus Lines
By Car - Interstate 90, east and west. U.S. Highway 75, north and south. Rock County Highway 4, east and west.
By Plane - Quentin Aanenson Airfield - LYV
By personal automobile, bicycle or walking.
- 1 Rock County Historical Museum, 312 East Main Street, ☏ . 10AM - 4PM Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday - 10AM 8PM Thursday. The History Center, located in the historic former Ford dealership building in downtown Luverne, features displays of Rock County cities, Rock County government and changing displays on specific historical topics.
- 2 Carnegie Cultural Center (Rock County Fine Arts Association), 205 N Freeman Ave, ☏ . Tu-F 1PM-5PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. The Carnegie Cultural Center was previously used as the Rock County Community Library until volunteers completed renovations in 1991 to change the facility into the Carnegie Cultural Center, which is the home of art organizations from all around Rock County.
- 3 Blue Mounds State Park (Blue Mounds State Park), 1410 161st Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Camping, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Wildlife, Bison Herd, Prairie Wildflowers / Grasses
- 4 Hinkly House Museum, 217 N Freeman Ave, ☏ . The Hinkly House is a beautifully preserved and accurately restored Victorian period home.
- 1 The Lake, 815 W Edgehill. Fishing dock, beach volleyball, room to barbeque, and a large sandy beach. The Lake hosts the annual Fourth of July celebration.
- 2 Rock County Fair, 593-699 S Freeman Ave (South bound US 75, turn left on Main St., then turn right onto S. Freeman Ave., North bound US 75, turn right onto Hatting St., then turn left onto S. Freeman Ave.). Agriculture fair held annually during the last week of July.
- 3 Blue Mounds Trail & Luverne Loop. The Blue Mounds Hiking and Biking Trail offers six miles of trail from Main Street Luverne to the Blue Mounds State Park. Trail users can access the Blue Mounds Trail by parking at Redbird Field and accessing the starting point of the trail at the intersection of Main Street and Blue Mound Avenue. The second option is parking at Blue Mounds State Park via the Main Entrance and accessing the trail from within the Park. The third option is parking at the Cliffline Area along County Hwy 8 (Parking passes available on site).
- 4 Verne Drive-In Theater, 1607 S Kniss Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Features new film for viewing outdoors.
- 5 Palace Theatre, 104 E Main St, ☏ .
- 1 Those Blasted Things, 924 S Kniss Ave, ☏ .
- 2 Brandenburg Gallery, 213 East Luverne Street, ☏ . Luverne native and National Geographic photographer Jim Brandenburg, located on the first two floors of the Rock County Veterans Memorial Building. Featured subjects include wildlife, the outdoors and a focus on the vanishing prairie.
- 1 The Bluestem Restaurant, 1202 S Kniss Ave, ☏ . American restaurant
- 2 Sterling's Cafe & Grille, 105 E Main St, ☏ . American restaurant
- 3 75 Diner, 920 S Kniss Ave, ☏ . Diner
- 4 Vinnie's Dang Fine Dine, 306 W Hatting St, ☏ . American restaurant
- 1 Take 16 Brewing, 509 E Main St, ☏ . Thursday/Friday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Saturday: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Craft Brewery
- 2 Howling Dog Saloon, 909 S Kniss Ave, ☏ . Monday - Saturday (10AM - 2AM) Sunday (11AM - 8PM). Bar & Grill
- 3 Blue Mound Liquor, 319 W Main St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Monday - Thurday (10AM - 9PM) Friday - Saturday (9AM - 9:55PM). Liquor Store
- 4 The Bean, 309 W Edgehill St, ☏ . Monday - Friday (6AM - 4PM) Saturday (7:30AM - 1PM) Sunday (Closed). Coffee Shop
- 1 Econo Lodge, 801 South Kniss Avenue, ☏ .
- 2 GrandStay Hotel & Suites, 908 S Kniss Ave (Off Route 75 and I-90, 1.4 miles from downtown), ☏ .
- 3 Super 8 by Wyndham Luverne, 1202 S Kniss Ave (South of Interstate 90 off of U.S. Highway 75), ☏ .
- 4 Cozy Rest Motel, 116 S Kniss Ave, ☏ .
- 5 Hillcrest Motel, 210 W Virginia St, ☏ .
- 1 Rock County Community Library, 201 W Main St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday - Thursday (10am - 8pm), Friday (10am - 5pm), Saturday (10am - 2pm), Sunday (Closed). Books, multi-media, computers and public printer.
- The Laundry Room, 310 W Main St, (507) 227-3017
- Luverne Power Fitness, 205 E Main St, (507) 449-7348
- Computer Clinic, 117 N Kniss Ave, (507) 449-6143
|Routes through Luverne|
|Sioux Falls ← Brandon ←||W E||→ Worthington → Albert Lea|
|Moorhead ← Pipestone ←||N S||→ Le Mars → Sioux City|