Moorhead is a city in Minnesota of about 35,000 which is closely associated with its partner city, Fargo, North Dakota. Moorhead is a vibrant college town with two exceptional universities - Concordia College (private) and Minnesota State University (public) - in addition to a regional vocational school, Minnesota State Community and Technical College. Moorhead is sometimes referred to as the "twin city" of the larger Fargo, which is its neighbor across the Red River in North Dakota. Together Moorhead and Fargo are the hub of the Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan Area, with suburbs Dilworth, West Fargo, Horace, and Harwood. Within this metropolitan area one finds college and professional sports, hundreds of restaurants, extensive and varied shopping opportunities, a surprising concentration of youth-oriented nightlife, several auto racing venues, and a great range of lodging choices.
- Moorhead is at Minnesota's western border on Interstate Highway 94. US Highway 10 has its western terminus in Moorhead, and US Highway 75 passes through the city in a north/south orientation.
- The Fargo/Moorhead area has rail service via Amtrak (the Empire Builder), with the passenger terminal at 420 4th Street North in Fargo.
- Two airports serve Fargo/Moorhead:
- Bus service is provided by Greyhound Bus Lines, 402 Northern Pacific Ave N, +1 701 293-1222.
See and do
- 1 Minnesota State University Moorhead, 1104 Seventh Ave S, toll-free: . A public university with a variety of well-developed academic programs and a proud tradition in NCAA Division II athletics
- 2 Concordia College, 901 Eighth Street S,, ☏ . A prestigious school with high standards and a tradition of success and prosperity
- 3 Hjemkomst Center, ☏ . A conference center combined with a museum, this facility includes conference rooms, a replica Viking ship that actually sailed across the Atlantic, a Scandinavian Stave Church, and cultural and historical exhibits. free.
- 4 [formerly dead link] Comstock House, 560 Eighth Street S, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Guided tours, antique furniture and tapestries enlighten visitors to Moorhead's first mansion, the home of Solomon Comstock.
- Drag Racing at Interstate Dragways, ☏ . Heads up, brackets, and open track time is scheduled throughout the summer. The track has RV parking and a playground for children.
- In addition, there's a variety of fun activities and interesting landmarks across the river in Fargo. These include many restaurants, shopping, professional minor-league baseball, museums, and more.
- 5 Rourke Art Museum, 521 Main Ave, ☏ .
- Moorhead Center Mall, 510 Center Ave, ☏ . In downtown Moorhead features 25 stores and establishments, anchored by the 106,500 square foot Herberger's Department Store. Unusually, this mall also includes commercial office space and Moorhead's City Hall.
- 1 Burger Time, 1620 1st Ave N, ☏ . More than a cheap burger joint, this small chain is a local institution.
- Cafe Perk, 403 8th Street S, ☏ .
- Casey's Carry-Out Pizza, 707 37th Ave S, ☏ .
- 2 China Buffet, 3246 Highway 10 E, ☏ .
- China Garden, 1126 2nd Ave S, ☏ .
- 3 Fryn' Pan Family Restaurant, 2920 Highway 10 E, ☏ . Standard "greasy spoon" menu with an exceptional burger, fries and malt.
- Grand Junction Grilled Subs, 435 Main Ave, ☏ .
- Jiminez Tortilla Factory, 2615 12th Ave S, ☏ .
- Knitty Gritty Cafe, 924 Main Avenue, ☏ . This tiny cafe is easy to miss, but hard to forget. Theme: knitting.
- Mulligan's Restaurant & Piano Lounge, 600 30th Ave S, ☏ .
- Sarello's, 28 4th Street N, ☏ . A fantastic restaurant with a first-class menu, although the ambience nowhere near matches the quality of food, wine, and service.
- 4 Snap Dragon, 625 30th Ave S, ☏ .
- 5 Speak Easy, 1001 30th Ave S, ☏ . Moderately upscale Italian and American food in a 1920s speakeasy atmosphere
- Thai Orchid Restaurant, 900 1st Ave N, ☏ .
- The Broken Axe, 700 1st Ave N, ☏ .
- 6 Village Inn, 940 Holiday Dr, ☏ . Daily 6AM - 11PM. Family restaurant, a favorite of the "after church" crowd.
- Duane's House of Pizza, 2223 Highway 10 E, ☏ . Many locals will tell you that Duane's has the best pizza around.
- 7 Pizza Patrol, 104 4th Street S, ☏ .
- Renelli's Pizza, 501 Main Ave, ☏ .
- Gio's Pizzeria, 600 30th Avenue S, ☏ .
Hotels and motels
- 1 Grand Inn Moorhead, 810 Belsly Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- 2 Courtyard by Marriott, 1080 28th Ave South, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 3 [dead link] Travelodge and Suites, Fargo/Moorhead, 3027 South Frontage Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guest House Motel, 2107 SE Main Ave, ☏ .
- Mable's Bed and You Cook, 702 4th Street South, ☏ .
- 4 Super 8, 3621 S. 8th Street, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- KOA Campground, 4396 28th Avenue South, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. call for rates based on size and occupancy.
- 1 Moorhead Library, 118 5th St S (at Main), ☏ . M-Th 9AM-9PM, F Sa 9AM-5:30PM, Su 1PM-5PM. Free Wi-Fi and public computers.
|Routes through Moorhead|
|Bismarck/Minot ← Fargo ←||W E||→ Fergus Falls → Minneapolis|
|West Fargo ← Fargo ←||W E||→ Dilworth → Saint Paul|
|Winnipeg ← Crookston ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Breckenridge → Luverne|