- 1 Smyrna Airport, +1-615-459-2651, is a reliever airport for BNA about 60 mi (97 km) from Lynchburg, a 1-hour and 15-min drive.
- 2 Huntsville International Airport (HSV IATA), +1-256-772-9395, is a commercial airport about 60 mi (97 km) from Lynchburg, a 1½-hour drive.
- 3 Nashville International Airport (BNA IATA), +1-615-275-1675, is a commercial airport about 70 mi (110 km) from Lynchburg, a 1½-hour drive.
- 4 John C. Tune Airport, +1-615-350-6551, is a general aviation airport about 80 mi (130 km) from Lynchburg, a 1½-hour drive.
- 5 Chattanooga Airport (CHA IATA), +1-423-855-2200, is a commercial airport about 101 mi (163 km) from Lynchburg, a 2-hour drive.
Lynchburg is located between two interstate highways, I-65 (north–south) and I-24 (northwest–southeast). Lynchburg can be reached from I-24 via Tennessee State Route 55 (Lynchburg Highway) through Manchester and Tullahoma or from I-65 via U.S. Route 64 (Pulaski Highway) through Fayetteville to Tennessee State Route 55.
As no public transportation is available, getting around by car or on foot is your best bet. Free parking is readily available at local businesses. The distillery is along the main highway going through town, so walking there is not advised, but you can explore the square and surrounding buildings on foot.
- 1 Jack Daniel's Distillery, 133 Lynchburg Highway, ☏ . Daily 9AM–4:30PM. Closed 1 Jan, Thanksgiving, 24 & 25 Dec. This distillery still makes Tennessee Sour Mash Whisky the way Mr. Daniel did. A variety of guided tours are available, one of which is open to all ages, while others are only for adults 18 years and older. The adults-only tours include tastings for those 21 years and up. Tours from $13–$75 (adults), $7 (10–17 years old), and free (9 and under).
- 2 Lynchburg Historic District, 196 Main St. Several dozen buildings built as early as 1850 in downtown Lynchburg make up the Lynchburg Historic District which is recognized on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 3 Moore County Courthouse and Jail, 231 Main St, ☏ . Closed Thursdays. Built in the late 1800s, the courthouse and old jail (which now serves as a museum) are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Look at the historic downtown buildings, and explore stores around the town square.
- 1 Lynchburg Cake and Candy Company, 134 Cashion Rd, ☏ . M–F 9AM–5PM, Sa 9AM–2PM. Closed Sunday. This bakery is known for its Jack Daniel's Whiskey Cake, Lynchburg Whiskey Balls, and Lynchburg Whiskey Praline Pecans which are available for purchase in the store. Free tours available daily.
- 2 Lynchburg Hardware & General Store, 160 Craig St, ☏ . This store sells a variety of Jack Daniel's branded merchandise such as t-shirts, mugs, glassware, barrel furniture, and other keepsakes.
- 1 [dead link] Barrel House BBQ, 105 Mechanic St S, ☏ . Su–Th 11AM–6PM, F Sa 11AM–8PM. Features a menu of barbecued pulled pork, ribs, and chicken, as well as sides such as vinegar slaw, baked beans, and potato salad. Tables and chairs in the dining area are made from Jack Daniel's barrels.
- 2 BBQ Caboose Cafe, 217 Main St, ☏ . M–Sa 6AM–7PM, Su 7AM–3PM. Offers a variety of barbecue styles as well as pizza. Live music on Fridays and Saturdays.
- 3 Lynchburg Fix'ns, 177 Main St, ☏ . M–Th 6AM–3PM, F Sa 6AM–8PM, Su 7AM–3PM. Features a wide menu which includes hamburgers, pulled pork barbecue, fried shrimp, and biscuits and gravy.
- 4 Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House, 295 Main St, ☏ . Traditional down-home southern meals include fried chicken, meatloaf, creamed corn, fried okra, and cornbread. Meals are served family style at set prices with about a dozen guests at each table. Reservations are recommended.
- 5 Southern Perks, 10 Short St, ☏ . M–Sa 7AM–4PM, Su noon–4PM. A combination coffee shop, bakery, and bistro with a menu that includes a Buffalo chicken salad, Mexican pizza, and fish po'boys.
Moore is a dry county even though the Jack Daniels Distillery is here, so you have to drive to Tullahoma to get alcohol by the drink. Bottles of Jack Daniel's can be purchased at the distillery gift shop.
- 1 Belle Fleur Cottage, 123 Mulberry St, ☏ . Three bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, screened-in porch and deck.
- 2 The House on Main, 345 Main St, ☏ . 2 bedrooms available. No pets. Cash only.
- 3 Lynchburg Country Inn Motel, 423 Majors Blvd (Hwy 55), ☏ . 25 bedrooms. 24-hour front desk. Daily housekeeping. Pet friendly.
- 4 Mulberry Cottage, 56 Mechanic St, ☏ . This cottage was built as the town jail in 1865. It offers 3 bedrooms. An adjacent property, Mulberry Manor, has 2 bedrooms and is pet-friendly.
- 5 Old Dr. Cox Farm Bed and Breakfast, 378 Duckbranch Rd, Fayetteville, ☏ . Has a working cattle farm. Served as a Confederate Civil War hospital after construction in the 1840s.
- 6 The Tolley House Bed and Breakfast, 1253 Main St, ☏ . 2 bedrooms available, each with private full bathrooms.
- Nashville - Music City U.S.A., Country music capital of the world, and the State Capitol
- Winchester is 30 minutes away and there is Tims Ford Lake, a huge mecca for water sports.