Nashville is the cheapest way, it is a 2 hour drive and has many flights all around the country. Chattanooga is another alternative and is about 1 hour away. It is a small airport with small planes flying to about 7 hubs, but that is it. Huntsville Regional is a 45 minute drive South down a few country roads.
Your best bet is to rent a car at the airport, but it is possible to walk a couple of areas.
- Franklin County Old jailhouse - A museum of the first jail in the county.
- Tims Ford lake - Huge lake known throughout Tennessee. It is big and has watersports.
Tims Ford Lake! Rent a boat or jet skies or go swimming at a beach.
Many Dollar Generals and a Wal Mart!
Pretty much every restaurant is a chain (especially along Dinah Shore Blvd. and College St.), but Skips Grill on David Crockett Highway offers short order variety and non-chain taste.
Best Western, 1601 Dinah Shore Boulevard.
Winchester occupies a central position in Tennessee, and is therefore within driving distance of several large cities and attractions.
- Chattanooga - a mid-sized city with lots to do, about one hour to the southeast
- Nashville - larger city, known for its music and nightlife, about 90 minutes to the north
- Huntsville - smaller city with lots of shopping, 90 minutes south
- Atlanta - the largest city in the area, with an abundance of attractions, 3 hours to the east
|Routes through Winchester|
|Nashville ← Tullahoma ←||N E||→ Cowan → Monteagle|
|Memphis ← Fayetteville ←||W E||→ Monteagle → Chattanooga|