Tullahoma is a city in Central Tennessee.
Tullahoma has a colorful background: it was the headquarters of the Confederate Army of Tennessee, then the center of aeronautics learning with the Arnold Engineering Development Complex which made substantial contributions to NASA space program, and lastly the home of Richard Wayne Penniman, aka Little Richard, a rock pioneer who managed to bridge racial divides with his music.
Tullahoma can be reached via State Route 55 from Interstate 44. The closest 1 Greyhound station is at 617 Woodbury Hwy, Manchester, at a Shell station off of I-44.
Attractions in the city are:
- 1 Beechcraft Heritage Museum, 570 Old Shelbyville Hwy, ☏ . A museum about aviation, specifically focusing on Beechcraft models from 1932 to the present.
- 2 Short Springs Natural Area (several miles northeast of Tullahoma with parking area along Short Springs Road), ☏ . Daily 8AM-9:45PM. Visit a number of picturesque waterfalls here like Machine and Busby Falls and enjoy hiking in hardwood forested hills.
- 3 Cascade Hollow Distilling Co. - Home of George Dickel Tennessee Whisky, 1950 Cascade Hollow Rd, ☏ . Th-Sa 9:30AM-4PM, Su 11:30AM-4PM. This distillery has been making whiskey since 1870 from a "secret mash of corn, barley and rye" and is barrel-aged for 12 years!
- 4 Tullahoma Fine Arts Center/Regional Art Museum, 401 S Jackson St, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM. Rotating exhibits, with South Jackson Civic Center for performing arts across the street.
- Lakewood Golf & Country Club, 1900 Country Club Dr, ☏ .
- Northgate Mall, 1600 North Jackson Street, Tullahoma.
- Nashville - Music City U.S.A., Country music capital of the world, and the State Capitol
- Lynchburg (Tennessee)
|Routes through Tullahoma|
|Nashville ← Shelbyville ←||N S||→ Decherd → Winchester|