Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mahdia is a city in Northern Tunisia, set along a superb coastline with a blue sea, as well as historical town full of tradition.
There are regular train services from Tunis, Sousse and Monastir, all to the north, operated by SNCFT.
- 1 Mahdia railway station (Gare Mahdia).
- 1 Bordj el Kebir Fortress.
- 2 Great Mosque of Mahdiya. Located on the southern side of the peninsula on which the old city was located; built in 916 CE, after the founding of the city within the walls built by the Caliphate on an artificial platform reclaimed from the sea.
- 3 Skifa Kahla.
- Morning running on the beach
- Artistic workshops in Beit El Makhbar
- Fresh fish from the local market
- 1 Iberostar Royal El Mansour & Thalasso, Route de la Corniche, B.P 217. One of the largest resort hotels in Mahdia, located reasonably close to the city centre.