Manchester is a town in Massachusetts. It is also known as Manchester-by-the-Sea.
MBTA's Commuter rail provides service from North Station on its Rockport branch. Tickets are $6.75 one way.
About 45 minutes from Boston and 15 minutes from the Danvers Liberty Tree Mall.
From route 128, take exit 16 to Pine Street or exit 15 to School Street. Route 127 also enters Manchester from Beverly, and continues through Gloucester and Rockport.
Trolleys often tour in the summertime.
- Singing Beach. Beach Street. A popular beach named for its Singing Sand.
-resident ticket parking only in beach lot. Parking fees apply in lot behind Allen’s Pharmacy.
- Masconomo Park (After crossing the train tracks on Beach Street, the park is on the right.). Has mini baseball field, gazebo, and toddler playground. The park is lined with benches along the bay with boat docks.
- White Beach and Black Cove (Located off of Summer Street headed south on 127). Boston is in the distance from the view of White Beach, with soft sand. Black Cove is rockier, but has a sandbar at low tide.
- Tuck's Point (Located off route 127). Smaller property hidden away with a gazebo, beach, lawn, docks, and the Manchester Yacht Club.
- The Ocean Lawn (Located off of Summer street headed north on route 127 it is on the right). Walk the trail through the woods to find a view of the ocean, able to see Singing Beach around the cliff. Park closes after dusk.
- Seaside Cycle, 23 Elm St # 1, ☏ . Bikes Available.
- Zak’s Handcrafts and Gifts, 2 Beach Street, ☏ . A tucked away elegant gift shop with soaps, lotions, scarves, books, cards, candles, toys and jewelry. Med. to High.
- Richdale Sub Express, 8 Beach Street, ☏ . Subs made to order. Pizza and Slush Puppies. Cheap.
- Crosby's Marketplace, 3 Summer Street, ☏ . Subs made to order. Good quality food. Premade hot and cold meals. High.
- Essen, 10 Summer Street, ☏ . Small café, bakery, delicious smoothies, sandwiches, and desserts. High.
- The Landing, 7 Central Street, ☏ . Pub and Restaurant Decent.
- Cala's Restaurant, 7 Beach Street, ☏ . Fancy. Good food. High.
- Captain Dusty's Icecream, 60 Beach Street, ☏ . Homemade ice cream. Shakes. Large portions. Limited free parking along the street and in lot.
- Cristo’s Coffee Cup, 25 Union Street, ☏ . Reasonable prices. Fast service. Friendly environment. Cozy atmosphere. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Beach Street Café, 40 Central Street. Delicious food. Breakfast and Lunch.
- Al's Cafe (located on the corner of Pine and Summer street headed south on 127.). Full bar, but on the smaller side.
- Old Corner Inn, 2 Harbor Street (located on Summer Street across from a large farm headed south on 127.), ☏ . Small Inn by Tuck's Point.
Gloucester, Ma: The next town over, has more of a nightlife.
Salem (Massachusetts): The Willows arcade, park, rides, restaurants, harbor, Hawthorne's House of Seven Gables.
Rockport, Ma: A great place to visit with Bearskin Neck, filled with restaurants, shops, and a boardwalk.
|Routes through Manchester|
|Rockport ← Gloucester ←||N S||→ Beverly → END|
|END ← Gloucester ←||N S||→ Beverly → Peabody|
|Boston ← Beverly ←||SW NE||→ Gloucester → Rockport|