Mandaue is a city in the Philippines, part of Metro Cebu. Mandaue is located just north of Cebu City and, like that city, it is on Cebu Island. Just off the coast opposite Mandaue is Mactan Island with the city of Lapu-Lapu on it. From Mandaue two bridges lead to Lapu-Lapu and several good (if sometimes jammed) roads go to Cebu.
Mandaue is the least glamorous and least touristed of the three cities that make up Metro Cebu, though it has quite a few resident foreigners because its housing costs are lower.
Cebu City is the main center, with better shopping and a wider range of hotels and restaurants, and Lapu-Lapu has the airport and quite a few high-end resorts and condos. Mandaue is mostly residential and industrial; quite a few people live there and commute to work in Cebu.
On the other hand, Mandaue has well over 300,000 people, so it does have all the services one might expect in a medium-sized city anywhere. There are even a few resorts along its coast.
Metro Cebu has two major bus terminals, the north terminal in Mandaue and south terminal in Cebu City.
- National Shrine of St Joseph
- Jagobiao Spring
- Monkey Caves
- Mandaue Presidencia
- Ouano Wharf
- Rizal-Bonifacio Memorial Library
- Mandaue Ecopark
- Cabancalan-Banilad Sinkholes
- City Plaza
- Pahara Park
Shopping & Supermarkets
- Colonnade Supermarket, P Gomez Street Corner Ceniza Street, ☎ . 6am-9pm. low prices.
- S & R Membership Shopping, Ouano Avenue Mandaue, ☎ . 9am-9pm. need a membership card to do shopping higher prices.
- The Orchard Cebu, A.S. Fortuna Street, Bakilid, ☎ . All rooms equipped with air-conditioner, LCD cable TV, IDD/NDD telephone, and mini-bar. Some of its facilities are restaurant and cafe, spa and massage services, airport transfer, and high-speed Internet access. Rates on official website start at ₱1,741.
- Sta. Monica Beach Resort, Banilad, ☎ . start at ₱1,325.
- P M G Pension House, Jose L Briones Avenue, ☎ . Check-out: 12 noon. Has rooms by the month.
- Pe're Aristo Guest House, Block 1 Lot 23 Sanjose village Umapad Barangay Mandaue, ☎ . Check-out: 12 noon. fan room with shared bathroom. free wifi. from 500 pesos.
Mandaue is located between Cebu City and Lapu-Lapu and well connected to both by road; getting to either by taxi or jeepney is easy. Another possibility quite nearby is Olango Island, with birdwatching and diving.
Going beyond those, anywhere on Cebu Island is readily accessible by road, and there are many buses. For air travel, Mactan-Cebu International Airport is in Lapu-Lapu; it has flights anywhere in the Philippines and many international flights. For travel by sea, Metro Cebu is the main hub for the Visayas region and has connections to many cities outside that region; the main port is in Cebu City.