Mandaue is a city in the Philippines, part of Metro Cebu. Mandaue is located just north of Cebu City and, like that city, it is on Cebu Island. Just off the coast opposite Mandaue is Mactan Island with the city of Lapu-Lapu on it. From Mandaue two bridges lead to Lapu-Lapu and several good (if sometimes jammed) roads go to Cebu.
Mandaue is the least glamorous and least touristed of the three cities that make up the core of Metro Cebu, though it has quite a few resident foreigners because its housing costs are lower.
Cebu City is the main center, with better shopping and a wider range of hotels and restaurants, and Lapu-Lapu has the airport and quite a few high-end resorts and condos. Mandaue is mostly residential and industrial; quite a few people live there and commute to work in Cebu.
On the other hand, Mandaue has over 350,000 people, so it does have all the services one might expect in a medium-sized city anywhere. There are even a few resorts along its coast.
Metro Cebu has two major long-distance bus terminals, the north terminal in Mandaue and south terminal in Cebu City.
See Metro_Cebu#Get_around for general information on getting around within the urban area that Mandaue is part of.
Within the town, most people travel by taxi or jeepney.
- National Shrine of St Joseph
- Jagobiao Spring
- Monkey Caves
- Mandaue Presidencia
- Ouano Wharf
- Rizal-Bonifacio Memorial Library
- Mandaue Ecopark
- Cabancalan-Banilad Sinkholes
- City Plaza
- Pahara Park
Shopping & supermarkets
- Colonnade Supermarket, P Gomez Street Corner Ceniza Street, ☎ . 6AM-9PM. low prices.
- S & R Membership Shopping, Ouano Avenue Mandaue, ☎ . 9AM-9PM. Need a membership card to do shopping. higher prices.
- J Centre Mall, A S Fortuna Street (Jeepney (20 A) from Ayala mall jeepney terminal). 10:00-21:00. has the main Bureau of Immigration office. Also a SM Hypermarket and many fast food outlets
- The Orchard Cebu, A.S. Fortuna Street, Bakilid, ☎ . All rooms equipped with air-conditioner, LCD cable TV, IDD/NDD telephone, and mini-bar. Some of its facilities are restaurant and cafe, spa and massage services, airport transfer, and high-speed Internet access. Rates on official website start at ₱1,741.
- Sta. Monica Beach Resort, Banilad, ☎ . start at ₱1,325.
- P M G Pension House, Jose L Briones Avenue, ☎ . Check-out: noon. Has rooms by the month.
- Pe're Aristo Guest House, Block 1 Lot 23 Sanjose village, Umapad Barangay, ☎ . Check-out: noon. Fan room with shared bathroom. Free wifi. from ₱500.
Mandaue is located between Cebu City and Lapu-Lapu and well connected to both by road; getting to either by taxi or jeepney is easy. Another possibility quite nearby is Olango Island, with birdwatching and diving. Going beyond those, anywhere on Cebu Island is readily accessible by road, and there are many buses. Metro Cebu has two main long distance bus terminals; the north terminal is in Mandaue and the south terminal in Cebu City.
For other modes of travel, Metro Cebu is the main hub for the Visayas region and has connections to many cities outside that region. Mactan-Cebu International Airport is in Lapu-Lapu. For travel by sea, the main port is in Cebu City.