Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Manhattan Municipal Airport (MHK IATA). American Eagle Airlines offers five daily flights to both Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth and sells connections beyond. The airport has Hertz and Enterprise car rental facilities available.
- KCI Road Runner - A shuttle service from Junction City, Kansas to the Kansas City International Airport, with stops in Lawrence, Topeka, and Manhattan. Typically about $40-80 a trip.
- Taxi4Less (locally owned).
- Yellow Cab Taxi.
- ATA Bus, ☏ , toll-free: . The Bluemont and Candlewood buses run hourly from 6AM until 8PM Monday through Saturday all year long.
- Konza Prairie (Konza Prairie is south of Manhattan. Travel 6.3 miles south of K-177 on McDowell Creek Road along the east side of the Kansas River. The area can also be reached from 1-70 by taking Exit 307 and traveling north 4.9 miles on McDowell Creek Road (also identified as Riley County 901)). Most of Konza was once a part of the Dewey Cattle Ranch. In the 1970s, the Nature Conservancy purchased the property, over 13 square miles. It is managed by Kansas State University to be used as a research natural area to study the tallgrass prairie ecosystem. Camping not allowed. Nature Trail (2.5 mile loop); Kings Creek Loop (4.4 miles - includes the first); Godwin Hill Loop (6.0 miles - includes the other two).
- 1 Sunset Zoo, 2333 Oak Street, ☏ . Open 360 days a year, April–October 9:30AM-5PM, November–March Noon-5PM. The zoo exists to "inspire conservation of the natural world" by engaging and inspiring over 65,000 annual visitors to actively embrace conservation. The zoo's vision is to create an educational atmosphere where people can learn about the natural wonders of the surrounding world and their personal role in its preservation. Adults $4, Children (3-12) $2, Children under 2 Free.
- Fishing at Anneberg Park. Frank Anneberg Park was one of the projects funded from Manhattan's 1986 "Quality of Life" Bond Issue. The park provides for a variety of activities including team sports at one of the State's leading facilities. Softball, soccer, or flag football can be played on irrigated "regulation" playing fields. Jerry Dishman Lake, the park's stocked lake, provides area youth with good fishing opportunities with a limit of three fish per species per day. Park amenities include Six softball fields, Eight regulation soccer fields, Two covered shelters, Grills, Playground inside sports complex, ADA Playground (future), Jerry Dishman Fishing Lake, Trail: 1.6 miles, restrooms.
- Manhattan Town Center (just off the K-177 exit). 70 specialty stores and Dillard's, JC Penney, and IMAX theatre
- Big D's Burger Shack, 2024 Tuttle Creek Blvd, ☏ .
- Cox Bros. BBQ
- The Cozy Inn, 1109 Moro St, ☏ .
- Doughboys Pizza, 702 North 11th St (In Aggieville), ☏ .
- El Tapatito.
- La Fiesta (In Westloop).
- Little Apple Brewing Company, 1110 Westloop, ☏ .
- Sirloin Stockade, 925 East Poyntz, ☏ .
- Taco Lucha (In Aggieville).
- Valentino's, 3003 Anderson Ave (Plaza West), ☏ .
- Whiskey Creek Steakhouse, 200 Manhattan Town Center, ☏ .
- Aggie Lounge.
- Aggie Station.
- Auntie Mae's.
- Four Olives.
- Kite's Sport Bar.
- Long Horn Saloon.
- Pat's Blue Ribbon.
- So Long Saloon, 1130 Moro St, ☏ .
- Tubby's Sport Bar.
- Econo Lodge.
- Motel 6.
- Super Motel 8.
- Holiday Inn.
- Days Inn.
|Routes through Manhattan|
|Stockton ← Clay Center ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Wamego → Topeka|
|Jct N S ← Junction City ←||W E||→ Jct N S → END|