Wamego is most notable for its Wizard of Oz museum and themed businesses.
From Topeka, Kansas, it can be accessed by traveling West on Highway 24.
- The Oz Museum. Features a collection of over 25,000 artifacts from the Wizard of Oz movie, on permanent loan. Also contains a gift shop.
- The Colombian Theatre. A music hall built in 1893 inspired by the Chicago World's Fair of that same year. It also boasts a collection of twenty original Columbian Exposition oil and distempera paintings.
- OZtoberFEST. The Wizard of Oz Museum hosts an annual OZtoberFEST on the first weekend in October. Often features cast from the original movie and hot air balloon rides.
- Toto's Tacoz. A cute taco joint in theme with the "Oz Cluster". Delicious shrimp tacos.
- Oz Winery. Another Oz Themed business.
Click your heels together, there's no place like home.
|Routes through Wamego|
|Stockton ← Manhattan ←||W E||→ Topeka → Kansas City|