Mannarkkad, formerly Mannarghat, is a small town in Palakkad town noted for the wildlife and tribal colonies in the nearby forest areas.
See a portion of bird's-eye view of Mannarkkad Town.
Mannarkkad is like launching pad. You can come here, take a hotel room and sleep. Next morning, you can start exploring the wildlife and forest attractions one by one.
Buses are available from Palakkad, 36 km, Thrissur, 80 km, Coimbatore, 92 km and Kozhikode, 96 km. The nearest railway stations are Palakkad Jn (32 km), Ottapalam (40 km) and Shoranur Jn (44 km). The nearest airport is Calicut International Airport (80 km) and Coimbatore International Airport (95 km).
Auto rikshaws are very cheap at ₹15 per km. Buses are even cheaper at ₹7 for three km. Air conditioned jeeps are available at ₹1,000 per day.
- Alanallur village (15 km). Ayyappa Kavu Temple, very stylish building. Bhagavathy Temple and Neer Puthur Shiva temple
- 1 Atla Water Falls (5 km).
- 2 Agali Hills (20 km). Tribal settlements, virgin forests, streams and wildlife
- Bheema Nadu village, Manjeri Road (10 km). Theyyottu Chira, Velleela Kunnu temple.
- 3 Kanjirappuzha Dam & Gardens (15 km). From Mannarkkad take the road to Ambamkunnu, kanhiram and proceed to Palakkayam and reach Kanhirappuzha dam.
- Kunthippuzha Juma Masjidh, opp. MES College (2 km). Scenic riverside mosque.
- 4 Malampuzha Dam & Gardens, Palakkad (40 km).
- 5 Meenvallam Water Falls (5 km).
- Patrakkadavu waterfalls (4 km).
- 6 Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Anakkatti (39 km).
- 7 Silent Valley National Park (43 km). Advance reservation by telephone is needed. Please contact: Phone: +91-4924-222056, +91 4924 253225, +91 8589 895652, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Siruvani dam (25 km).
- Anamooly village visit, Silent Valley Road (10 km). Majestic view of the Silent valley mountain can be seen from this village. Muneeshwaram temple, Nalussery Bhagavathy temple and Juma Masjidh.
- Cherpulashery village visit. Start fro Mannarkkad and proceed to Karinkallatham villa ge. Proceed to Vazhenkara, Thoothy and reach Cherppulassery.
- Meditation @ Brahmakumaris Temple, Hospital Junction (1 km). Free Sattvic food, lecture sessions and Yoga lessons.
- Melamuri visit. Start fro Mannarghat. Visit Thenkara, Anamooly hills. Proceed to Mezhukupara village and end the trip at Melamuri.
- Visit a sylvan mosque, Aryambavu Ariyoor Masjidh (7 km).
- Visit the Cute Srambia, Amminikkad, Thazhekkod. Look for the cute mosque built on wooden pillars inside a banana plantation which is near Syed Abdulla makham, Kappu parambu, Amminikkad.
- Hi-Lite Hypermarket, Chungam (3 km). Parking facility
- More Supermarket, Kodathipady (1 km). upmarket grocery.
- New Pushpa Bakery, Hospital Junction (1 km).
- Shalimar IceCream&CoolDrinks,Since 1986(1 km)
- Famous Bakery,Kodathipadi,(2 km)
- Chilly Restaurant, Mannarghat.
- Devu Restaurant, Chirakkalpadi, ☏ .
- Mariya Restaurant, Vattambalam, Calicut Road (4 km). Parking facility
- Samiya Restaurant, Kodathipadi (1 km).
- Sinu Restaurant, Irumbakchola.
- Spicy Restaurant, Kumaram Puthur (1 km on Calicut road). Parking facility
- Thanima Restaurant, opp. Bus Stand (open by 7 am). ₹40 for Kerala lunch
- Thozhilali Road, Kanjiram, ☏ .
Shalimar IceCream & Cool Drinks (1 km)
- Aramana Hotel, Mannarghat Highway.
- Chilambu Kadan Tourist Home, Kodathi Padi on Calicut Road (1 km), ☏ .
- Ferokh Hotel, Palakkad Road.
- Flower Spring Resort, Kanhirappuzha, ☏ .
- Hill View Tower, Old Nellippuzha bridge, ☏ .
- KTDC Tamarind Hotel, Calicut Road (7 km). ₹1,200.
- Nawar Lodge, Hospital Junction (1 km), ☏ .
- P.K.Lodge, Near Bus Station (0.5 km), ☏ . ₹300.
- Planters Retreat, Kizhakke Kara, ☏ .
- Ritzy Malabar Hotel, Tipu Sulthan Road, ☏ .
- Silent Valley Hotel, Mannarghat.
- Flynet Internet Cafe, Near Prathibha Theatre, Opp. Bus station.
- Area Code International (+91 4924).
- Area Code National (04924).