Marceline, in Northwest Missouri, is most famous as the town where Walt Disney spent much of his childhood. His fond memories of Marceline later contributed to his vision for Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland.
Marceline is just south of U.S. Route 36, on Missouri Route 5.
- 1 Walt Disney Hometown Museum, 120 E Santa Fe St, ☏ . 1 Apr - 31 Oct: Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM, Su 1-4PM. Located in the old Santa Fe train depot, Marceline's most popular attraction has collected a number of artifacts related to Walt Disney, who lived in the town from 1905 to 1911. Ages 11+ $5, ages 6-10 $2.50, under 6 free.
- 2 Walt Disney Municipal Park, 800 S Kansas Ave. When the Midget Autopia ride was removed from Disneyland in 1966, Walt and Roy donated the ride to their old town of Marceline, which installed it at Walt Disney Municipal Park. Today, the rails and decor and cars are gone, but the cement track remains for kids to play on, with the old loading area now a picnic pavilion. You can see one of the old cars at the Museum; the rest are in storage waiting for funds for restoration.
- Magnolia Antiques & Tourist Center, 209 N Main Street USA, ☏ .
- Ma Vic's Corner Cafe, 122 N Main Street USA, ☏ . M-Sa 6:30AM-3PM. Diner serving breakfast and lunch, known locally for their "Dusty Miller" ice cream with marshmallow and chocolate syrups, malted milk powder and a cherry.
- Los Chimas Mexican Restaurant, 112 N Main Street USA, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Marceline, 101 W Ira St, ☏ , email@example.com. The majority of rooms, and the lobby, are decorated with furniture and posters from Disney's POP Century Resort and Animal Kingdom in Florida.
- Lodder Up & Camp, 620 N Pine St, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. RV campground with full hook ups, WiFi, playground, showers, and laundromat.
Just 90 miles to the east of Marceline is Hannibal, the boyhood home of another creative genius, Mark Twain.
|Routes through Marceline|
|St. Joseph ← Chillicothe ←||W E||→ Hannibal → begins → Springfield|