Jump to navigation Jump to search
McAlester is in the Choctaw Country region of Oklahoma and home to the Oklahoma State Penitentiary.
Old Town Historic District - the historic area of McAlester that offers shopping, antiques, a few restaurants, and historic sites. Located on North Main Street.
- Choctaw Casino McAlester, 1638 S George Nigh Expy, ☏ +1 918 423-8161. A local casino that is mostly slot machines with a few other games. Drinks and a restaurant are available.
- Angel's Diner, 1402 S George Nigh Expy, ☏ +1 918 423-2633. A 50s diner.
- Taco Bob's Fiesta Grille, 307 Main St, ☏ +1 918 426-5990. Open since 1974, Taco Bob's is one of McAlester's best Mexican restaurants.
- AmericInn by Wyndham, 609 S George Nigh Expy. Complimentary breakfast and indoor hot tub/pool. Tel: +1 918-426-1300. $64 (Dec 2021)
- Talimena Drive from Talihina, Oklahoma to Mena, Arkansas 54 Mile scenic drive in Oklahoma and Arkansas along the ridge of the Ouachita Mountains and the Ouachita National Forest. The drive has frequent turnouts so you can enjoy the scenery.
|Routes through McAlester|
|Henryetta ← Jct ←||N S||→ Antlers → Hugo|
|Muskogee ← Eufaula ←||N S||→ Atoka → Greenville|
|Oklahoma City ← Holdenville ←||W E||→ Wilburton → Hot Springs|
|Ada ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Talihina → Mena|
|Jct N S ← Jct N S / W E ←||W E||→ Jct S → Jct S → Bokoshe|