Jump to navigation Jump to search
Drive over the bridge on the A5 from Bangor or taxi from the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch rail station.
- 1 Menai Suspension Bridge. Designed by Thomas Telford and completed in 1826. Free.
- 2 Church Island, Menai Bridge (Park at car park on Mona Road & walk down path). An island in the Menai Strait reached by a causeway, this is a pleasant area for a walk with views of the Menai Strait bridges. It also contains the 15th century Church of St. Tysilio, a graveyard and war memorial. Free.
- 3 Pili Palas (Butterfly Palace), Penmynydd Rd, Menai Bridge, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Hundreds of butterflies set in a tropical environment home to butterflies as large as six inches across the wing. Visitors are invited to sit, relax, take photographs, or explore as butterflies fly around them.
- 1 Dorothy Russell Quilt Artist, Allt Bryn Mel, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00 till 16:00. Dorothy Russell is a Textile Artist offering private and group tuition in Patchwork and Quilting from beginner to advanced.
- 2 Menai Heritage, Thomas Telford Centre,Mona Road, Menai Bridge LL59 5EA, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. See website for seasonal opening hours. Community project to celebrate two world famous bridges; the Menai Suspension Bridge, built by Thomas Telford, and the Britannia Bridge, built by Robert Stephenson. Museum has exhibits of artefacts and drawings, films, quizzes and qualified guides. £3.
- 1 [dead link] The Bridge Inn (Tafarn y Bont), Telford Road, ☏ .
- 2 Taste Of India, 27-29 High Street, ☏ .
- 3 Sosban (and The Old Butchers), Trinity House, 1 High St., ☏ . no menu
- 1 Chateau Rhianfa (towards Beaumaris), ☏ . Panoramic views over the Menai Straits, Château Rhianfa is set in a Grade II listed Victorian villa.
- 2 Coed y Berclas Holiday Cottage & Luxury Apartment (Coed y Berclas), Allt Bryn Mel (Between Menai Bridge and Beaumaris), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Breathtaking views over Menai Strait. Strictly non smoking site. No pets.
- 3 Plas Cadnant Hidden Gardens and Cottages (Plas Cadnant), Cadnant Road, LL59 5NH, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Winner, Best Place to Stay (Self Catering) Wales National Tourism Awards 2013. Five beautifully restored cottages set in secluded Hidden Gardens. Walled Garden; woodlands; waterfalls. Self catering cottages with luxury accommodation. Choice of cottages from cosy Brewhouse sleeping 2 to grand Coach House (sleeps 12/13) with semi professional kitchen. £230+.
- 4 Hafod Lon Holiday Apartment, 2 Plas Hafod Lon, Lon Ganol, Llandegfan, Ynys Mon, LL595UD, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Self-contained first-floor two bedroom apartment with its own private entrance. The apartment is situated in the village of Llandegfan between the town of Menai Bridge (1.5 miles) and the seaside town of Beaumaris (2 miles). The apartment occupies the top floor of a large private manor house, overlooking the Menai Strait towards the university town of Bangor and the Snowdonia Mountains beyond. The property is located in a private spot down a private lane and has of parking space if you need somewhere secure to park your trailer, boat, canoes, etc.
|Routes through Menai Bridge|
|Holyhead ← Llanfairpwllgwyngyll ←||W SE||→ Bangor|