Minglanilla is a seaside town south of Cebu City; there is some local industry but it is largely a bedroom suburb. It is growing quickly; population was under 30,000 in 1970, about 77,000 in 2000, and 132,000 in the 2015 census.
The town is on a coastal highway that rings Cebu Island. It is 15 km (9.3 mi) south of Cebu City and is most often reached by bus, jeepney or car from there. The larger suburb Talisay is just to the north, between Cebu City and Minglanilla, and some routes involve changing vehicles in Talisay.
See Metro Cebu for general information about transport in the urban region.
- 1 Archdiocesan Immaculate Heart of Mary. This is one of the oldest churches in Cebu.
There is a large festival called the Sugat on Easter weekend.
Like all the nearby towns, Minglanilla also celebrates the Sinulog festival on the third Sunday of January.
- Anjo World Theme Park - an amusement park in Barangay Calajoan in Minglanilla, Cebu, PhilippineTs. his park have lot of attraction like Space Shuttle, Mr Cup wheel, Golden Carrousel, London Taxi and lot more.
- Snow World is an amusement park inside Anjo World.
- 1 Gaisano Grand Mall Minglanilla.
- Robinson Supermarket - One of the latest mall in Minglanilla located in Belmont
- Prince Warehouse - A newly built supermaket located inside the town market 500 meters from municipal building.
- 1 Jo's Chicken Inato, Gaisano Grand Mall, ☏ .
- 2 AA BBQ Minglanilla, Natalio B. Bacalso S National Hwy.
- Precious Tea House, Kingswoods St Cor Cebu South Road, Barangay Lipata. Milk tea flavors (wintermelon, okinawa, hokkaido, red velvet, dark choco, double dutch) for P95 per large cup. Ambiance is Boho style. Other products are lemonade, fresh shakes, Panini sandwhices, Shawarma and Nachos.
- Alberto Pizza, Plaza Margarita. Delivery and dine-in.
- 1 Tubod Flowing Water Resort, Upper Pakigne, ☏ .
- 2 Circa La Playa, San Roque, Tungkil,, ☏ .
- Mingla Room, Ward II, Poblacion has clean and safe room for traveller.
Minglanilla is on the main coastal highway around Cebu Island, so anywhere on the island is easily reached. Cebu City is nearby to the north or one might go south for whale watching in Oslob or across a strait to the major tourist destination Dumaguete.
|Routes through Minglanilla|
|Cebu City ← Talisay ←||N S||→ Naga → Carcar|