Moline is one of the Quad Cities in Western Illinois. Moline's downtown serves as one of the civic and recreational hubs of the Quad Cities; many events take place at the 12,000-seat i wireless Center (formerly known as The MARK of the Quad Cities) and at John Deere Commons.
Moline is in Rock Island County, and has an estimated population of 42,000 in 2018. Moline is one of the Quad Cities, along with neighboring East Moline and Rock Island in Illinois and the cities of Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa. The corporate headquarters of Deere & Company is in Moline, as is Quad City International Airport, Black Hawk College, and the Quad Cities campus of Western Illinois University. Moline is a retail hub for the Illinois Quad Cities, as Southpark Mall and numerous big-box shopping plazas are in the city.
In the mid-1990s, the city undertook major efforts to revitalize its central business district, which had declined after suburban growth and retail changes after the 1950s and 1960s.
- Quad City International Airport, 2200 69th Ave., ☏ . Staffed: M-Th 8AM-4:30PM; doors to the visitor center remain open for access to brochure racks, maps, and visitor guides when the airport is open. The airport visitor center is located diagonally across from the gift shop, near the hanging monocoupe plane, and assists visitors and passengers with information about the airport as well as Quad City visitor information.
- RiverStation / Bass Street Landing, 1601 River Drive, Suite 110, ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-5PM, year-round. A full-service visitor center and gift shop located on the John Deere Commons in downtown Moline. It offers visitor information, maps, gifts, souvenirs, postcards, locally-made food and drink, Quad Cities merchandise, and bike rentals.
Moline is about 165 miles west of Chicago and midway between Minneapolis to the north and St. Louis to the South. 37.4 million people reside within a 300-mile radius of Moline, which comprises almost 13% of the nation’s population. Moline and its neighbors help form the largest urban concentration between St. Louis and Minneapolis along the Mississippi River. Major interstates I-80, I-88 and I-74 provide ready access in all directions.
The 1 Quad City International Airport, the third largest airport in Illinois is in Moline. It serves the regional Quad City area. Five airlines offer non-stop flights to 12 cities, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Denver, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Orlando, Fort Myers, Phoenix-Mesa, and Tampa. On-site fueling and ground handling services are available. To track a flight, log onto www.qcairport.com, and click on flight tracker or click the “arrivals and departures” button for a list of on-time flight status.
- Amtrak Moline (MLI), 1200 River Drive, Centre Station. Station with waiting room but no ticket office or amenities. As of March 2016, Amtrak is still busing passengers from Moline to Galesburg, Illinois (50 minutes away), to catch onward trains to Chicago; work is in progress to inaugurate Amtrak direct service between Chicago and Moline. $40-72 (Chicago, one-way).
You can see all of the Quad Cities from the Channel Cat Water Taxi, an open-air boat that transports people and bicycles to Iowa and Illinois shorelines.
Quad Cities MetroLINK serves Moline and the other Illinois Quad Cities.
- John Deere Pavilion, 1400 River Drive, ☏ . 9AM to 5PM. A fun place to learn about John Deere and climb on a Combine. Free.
- Deere & Company World Headquarters, One John Deere Place Moline (just off IL-5/John Deere Road, about 3.5 miles east of the intersection of I-74 and IL-5), ☏ . Daily 9AM - 5PM. 1,400 acres of beautifully kept land, home to a variety of wildlife including white tail deer, ducks, geese and swans. The display floor is open to visitors 365 days a year, from 9AM-5PM Visitors can look at displays of antique John Deere equipment, and a variety of the company's new equipment offerings. Free.
- Bass Street Chop House, 1601 River Drive (near the i-wireless Center downtown.), ☏ , fax: . Su-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 4-11PM, Su 4-9PM. Excellent steaks, chops and seafood. $11-50.
- Bent River Brewing Co., 1413 5th Avenue, ☏ . Daily 11AM-3AM. Craft beers, pub grub and a beer garden. $6-17.
- Bierstube, 415 15th Street, ☏ . M-Su 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM, Su noon-10PM. Serves German favorites; beer garden. $6-17.
- Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, 1300 River Drive (in the John Deere Pavilion downtown), ☏ , fax: . Su-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 4-11PM, Su 4-9PM. Excellent steaks. $8-32.
- Osaka Japanese Steakhouse, 4707 16th St., ☏ , fax: . Su-Th 11AM-9:30PM, F Sa 11AM-10PM, Su noon-9PM. Sushi, sashimi and hibachi. $5-50.
- River House Bar & Grill, 1510 River Drive (near the i-wireless Center downtown), ☏ . Daily 11AM-3AM. Traditional bar and grill. $8-16.
- Best Western Airport Inn, 2550 52nd Avenue (near South Park Mall), ☏ . Hotel features an indoor pool, fitness center and a breakfast room.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Moline Airport, IL, 2721 69th Ave. Court (near Quad City International Airport), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Hotel features an indoor pool and a breakfast room.
- Day's Inn and Suites, 6910 27th Street (near Quad City International Airport), ☏ . Hotel features a business center, fitness center and breakfast.
- [dead link] Fairfield Inn by Marriott, 2705 48th Avenue (near South Park Mall), ☏ . Hotel features an indoor pool and a breakfast room.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 2450 69th Avenue (at the entrance to Quad City International Airport off Airport Road), ☏ . Hotel features an indoor pool and a breakfast room.
- Holiday Inn Express, 2100 69th Avenue (at the entrance to Quad City International Airport off Airport Road), ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. New construction in 2014. Hotel features an indoor pool, fitness room, social hub with fireplace, free smart start breakfast and free Wi-Fi.
- La Quinta Inn, 5450 27th Street (near Quad City International Airport), ☏ . Hotel features an outdoor pool, fitness room and a breakfast room. There is also a restaurant and lounge adjacent to the property.
- Motel 6 Quad City Airport, 6920 27th Street (near Quad City International Airport), ☏ . Hotel features an outdoor pool.
- Radisson on John Deere Commons-Moline, 1415 River Drive, ☏ . Adjacent to the i-wireless Center the Radisson is a full-service hotel with indoor pool, a breakfast room and a TGIFriday's.
- Residence Inn by Marriott, 4600 53rd Street (I-74 exit John Deere Road east), ☏ . Hotel features an indoor pool and a breakfast room.
- Stoney Creek Inn, 101 18th Street (downtown near the i-wireless Center), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Hotel features an indoor and outdoor pool, lounge and a breakfast room.
- Belgium (Honorary), 612 Valley View Dr, ☏ .
|Routes through Moline|
|Davenport ← Bettendorf ←||N S||→ Galesburg → Peoria|
|Davenport ← Rock Island ←||W E||→ END|
|Davenport ← Bettendorf ←||W E||→ Peru-LaSalle → Joliet|
|END ←||W E||→ Galesburg → Peoria|
|END ← Rock Island ←||W E||→ becomes → Sterling-Rock Falls → Chicago|