Jump to navigation Jump to search
Galesburg is a city in Illinois.
- Interstate 74 links Galesburg with the Quad Cities to the north and Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, and Champaign-Urbana to the southeast. US Highways 34 and 150 also run through Galesburg.
- 1 Amtrak, 225 S Seminary St. Galesburg is served by the California Zephyr (Chicago to the San Francisco Bay Area), Southwest Chief (Chicago to Los Angeles), and the Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg (Chicago to Quincy).
- Galesburg Transit (309 342-4242) provides service Monday through Saturday, with most buses running from 7AM. to 6PM.
- 1 Carl Sandburg Birthplace and Boyhood Home, 313 E 3rd St, ☏ . Apr-Nov: Th-Su 9AM-5PM.
- Knox college, site of a Lincoln - Douglas debate
- The Landmark Cafe & Creperie, 62 S. Seminary St. M-Th 11AM-9PM, F 11AM-10PM, Sa 9AM-10PM, Su 9AM-9PM. Housed in a building designated a landmark site by the City of Galesburg Landmark Commission.
|Routes through Galesburg|
|Omaha ← Burlington ←||W E||→ Naperville → Chicago|
|Kansas City ← Fort Madison ←||W E||→ Naperville → Chicago|
|Davenport ← Moline ←||N E||→ Peoria → Normal|
|Osceola ← Burlington ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Aurora|
|END ← Moline ←||W E||→ Peoria → Danville|