Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > West Country > Cotswolds > Moreton-in-Marsh
Moreton-in-Marsh is in the Cotswolds.
- Batsford Arboretum ( about 1½ miles north-west of Moreton-in-Marsh). Daily 10:00 - 17:00. 55-acre arboretum and botanical garden containing around 2,900 trees, with a large collection of Japanese maples, magnolias and pines. £7.
- Wellington Aviation Museum, British School House, Broadway Road, GL56 0BG., ☎ . Tue-Sun 10:00 - 17:00. Small museum about second world war RAF Moreton-in-Marsh. £2.
- Tuesday morning market. On Tuesday morning, there is a local market on the High Street. A great place to pick up some fresh produce or cheap power tools, some doilies or wool sweaters. Wonderful people watching, as all the old ladies and handsome old chaps are out and about.
- The Black Bear Inn, High Street, ☎ . A typical (perhaps less atmospheric than usual) English pub with surprisingly good food. Reasonably priced meals and pints.
- Warwick House Bed and Breakfast, London Road, ☎ . A great little budget B&B, located about 5-10 minutes (walking) from the town center. It offers free wi-fi access (unusual for this area!) and access to the local gym (with an indoor swimming pool and sauna!). The owner, Charlie, is super relaxed, very funny, and an all-around nice and trusting guy. £24-38 per person.