Wellesbourne is the formation of two villages Wellesbourne Hastings and Wellesbourne Mountford.
In 2017, Wellesbourne Hall, the village's grade-II listed manor house, was under offer for £1,500,000. It isn't open to the public. However the nearby National Trust-owned Charlecote Park has many amenities for a day out regardless of whether you want to see the inside of the house itself.
The B4086 is the main road from Stratford-upon-Avon.
6 (Johnsons): Banbury → Drayton → Wroxton → Shenington → Edgehill → Ratley → Radway → Kineton → Wellesbourne → Alveston → Tiddington → Stratford-upon-Avon
- 1 Charlecote Park, Charlecote, CV35 9ER, ☏ . 9AM-4PM. A 16th-century manor house surrounded by a large deer park, run by the National Trust.
- 2 Chedham's Yard, Church Walk, CV35 9QT, ☏ . Sa 10AM-2PM.
- 3 Wellsbourne Wartime Museum, Airfield Estate, Loxley Ln, CV35 9EU, ☏ . 10AM-6PM. A small aviation museum dedicated to planes used in the World Wars.
- 4 St Peter's church, 21 Church St, CV35 9LS.
- 1 Touchdown Cafe, Airfield Estate, Loxley Ln, CV35 9EU, ☏ . 9AM-5PM. A small, cheap cafe that is part of the airfield. Cash only.
- 2 Shah's, Charlecote Rd, CV35 9LU, ☏ . The local Indian restaurant.
- Montcrieffe Restaurant, Walton Hall, Walton, CV35 9HG, ☏ .
- King's Head, Warwick Rd, CV35 9LX, ☏ . M-Sa noon-11PM, Su noon-10:30PM.
- The Stag's Head, 1 Chestnut Square, CV35 9QS, ☏ . M-Th 11:30AM-3PM, 6PM-11PM; F 11:30AM-11PM; Sa 11:30AM-3PM, 7PM-11PM; Su noon-10:30PM. A grade-II listed thatched pub.
The town itself has a two inns and a campsite, though nearby there are several hotels.
- 1 [dead link] The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, Charlecote Rd, Charlecote, CV35 9EW, ☏ . 3-star hotel near Charlecote Park. From £44 per night.
- 2 King's Head Innkeeper's Lodge, Warwick Rd, CV35 9LX, ☏ . From £54.
- 3 The Stag's Head, 1 Chestnut Square, CV35 9QS, ☏ . Check-in: From 2PM. The Stag's Head has 5 rooms. From £50 per night.
- 4 Ettington Chase, Banbury Rd, Ettington, CV37 7NZ (about 5 miles south from Wellesbourne), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. from £67. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 5 Old Manor House, Queen St, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5BT, ☏ . Delightful country B&B in 16th C manor house. Open Mar-mid Dec, no children under 5. B&B double £120.
|Routes through Wellesbourne|
|Warwick and Leamington Spa ←||N S||→ Moreton-in-Marsh/Stow-on-the-Wold → Cirencester|
|Stratford-upon-Avon ← Alveston ←||W E||→ Warmington|