Jump to navigation Jump to search
National Park is at an altitude of 825m and has a population of about 175.
National Park Village is on State Highways 4 and 47.
- Main article: Rail travel in New Zealand
- 1 Walk to Taranaki Lookout (take the track from the end of Fisher Road). Or continue on the more adventurous Tupapakurua Falls Track.
- 1 Four Square National Park, cnr SH4 & Waimarino Tokaanu Road. Daily 7:00am-7:00pm. A small supermarket at a service station, which was in the classic Kiwi film 'Goodbye Pork Pie'. No liquor.
- 1 YHA National Park, 4 Findlay Street.
- 2 The Crossing Backpackers, 4 Erua Rd E, Erua Village (just off SH4, 6 km south of National Park Village), ☏ . Backpackers and lodge with dorms, rooms and motel-style family units. Global Gossip computers and Wi-Fi, on site paintball arena, lots of free parking, big screen TV and Projector Room. $15-120.
- 3 The Park Hotel, 2/6 Millar St (corner of SH4 and SH47). A range of accommodation from dorm-style bunk rooms, through motel-style family units to hotel rooms. Free parking, large lounge with open fireplace, on-site bar and restaurant.