Newgale is a village with a three mile stretch of beach in the parish of Roch, Pembrokeshire. The beach is situated in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and has rugged coastal scenery with the path winding up and down the cliffs.
Newgale is one of over 40 Welsh 'Blue Flag' beaches, which means it has the top certification for quality, cleanliness and facilities. Toilets are situated at three locations along the beach, along with carparks.
411 Haverfordwest - St Davids – Fishguard, stopping at coastal towns and villages including Newgale.
- Penycwm. At low tide, take a walk north along the beach to a secluded cove.
- Submerged Forest and Petrified Wood. On a low tide the submerged forest and petrified wood is uncovered, especially at the south end of the beach.
- Newgale beach. Blue Flag beach
- Board Games Surfing, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Open all year, 9.30am & 2pm daily (Booking is essential). Surfing lessons and Stand up Paddle Boarding Adventures. From £35 per person.
- The Big Blue Experience, ☎ . Powerkiting and Kiteboarding Courses.
- Pebbles Cafe & Chapel Farm Shop, Newgale, ☎ . Convenient beach shop, also sells ice creams & souvenirs.
- The Duke of Edinburgh Inn, Newgale (Located at the North end of Newgale Beach), ☎ . Serving sit down meals, bar meals and take away.
- See The Duke of Edinburgh Inn above
There is a B&B and a few holiday cottages in the village as well as a caravan holiday park nearby.
- The Granary at Roch Mill, Roch Mill, Roch, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Self catering holiday cottage in Brandybrook valley close to Newgale Sands, Solva and St Davids . Sleeps 2-4, Sat TV, WiFi, usual appliances. Private 6-acre gardens alongside river. Ample parking. Inside Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. From £320 per week.
- Newgale Campsite (Situated next to The Duke of Edinburgh Inn.), ☎ . A short walk across the road and over the pebbles to the beach. Onsite facilities include toilets and showers.
- Ty Parke, ☎ . Farm camping, 'glamping' and yurt holidays near the St Davids coast.
If venturing along the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park coastal path Newgale to Solva is a popular walk, with many hidden coves along the way. If travelling by car St Davids is 11.7km north west of Newgale. The smallest city in Britain, with places of interest including its Cathedral and the Bishops Palace.