North Conway is in the heart of the White Mountains region of New Hampshire. It is a popular vacation destination year-round. The village of North Conway is located about two hours north of Boston, Massachusetts.
North Conway is home to more than 250 alpine ski trails and hundreds of acres of White Mountain National Forest land surrounding Mt. Washington, the biggest mountain in the northeast. There is plenty to do out of doors during any season. Hiking, fishing, swimming, biking, skiing, sledding, canoeing are common activities. North Conway is home to a large strip of shopping areas including factory outlet stores, antique shops, and country stores.
- From Boston - Interstate 95 North. In New Hampshire, take Exit 4 to the Spaulding Turnpike, Route 16 North, continue on Route 16 North to North Conway.
- From Concord - North on Interstate 93, take Exit 23. Follow Rt. 104 East to Meredith to Rt. 25 East. Follow Rt. 25 East to Ossipee and Rt. 16 North.
- From Montreal - South on Interstate 91 to Exit 19 to Interstate 93 South. Take Exit 40, onto Rt. 302 East in Bethlehem. Follow Rt. 302 East to Bartlett. Continue on Rt. 302 towards Glen/North Conway.
- From New York City - North on Interstate 91 to Exit 17, Wells River, Vermont. Cross over to Woodsville, NH and follow Rt. 302 to Bartlett. Continue on Rt. 302 towards Glen/North Conway.
- Avis, Laconia Municipal Airport, ☏ . Su-Sa 8AM-6PM.
- Enterprise, 51 Bisson Ave., Laconia, ☏ . M-F 8AM-6PM, Sa 9AM-noon.
Many of North Conway's shops and less interactive attractions are on the town's main road, Route 16. Even with their close proximity, a car is more convenient for travel in the wintertime, and for travel to some of the attractions and activities outside of walking distance. In North Conway, taxi companies service all local areas.
Most of the taxi services include large capacity vans, car seats for children, and airport shuttle services.
- Harris Taxi, 170 Grove St, ☏ .
- Turtle Taxi, Spruce Ave., Bartlett, ☏ .
- 1-800TAXICAB Inc., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- [formerly dead link] Fast Taxi, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conway Scenic Railroad, Rt. 16 and 302, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Enjoy the natural scenery of NH while enjoying a meal. Absorb the local history and check out North Conway station, in operation for more than 130 years. Adult $14.50, Children under 3 free, Child (4-12) $10.
- Mt. Washington Children's Museum, 2936 White Mountain Highway, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Offering activities for children and the whole family. Playgroups and birthday parties are among the museum's scheduled activities. $5, children under 1: Free.
- Mt. Washington Observatory, P. O. Box 2310, ☏ , fax: . The Observatory offers overnight educational trips, a pleasant view of the surrounding mountains, and guided snow tractor day trips in the Valley and up to the summit of Mt. Washington. Daytrips: $159, Educational Trips: $459.
- Snow People on Parade. Fiberglass snowmen displayed all over New Hampshire. One of the 17 beautifully decorated snowmen is displayed at the Settler's Green outlet.
- Foliage and Covered Bridges, Rt. 112. Old style wooden bridges and New Hampshire's scenic Kancamagus Highway of the White Mountains.
- Earth and Fire Studio Gallery, 2526 White Mountain Highway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Watch glass blowing, and browse the arts and crafts of New Hampshire designers.
- [dead link] White Mountain Artisans Gallery, 3358 White Mountain Highway, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The White Mountain Artisans Gallery exhibits and retails beautiful art of all media, handcrafted furniture, and gifts displayed in a renovated 130-year-old barn.
- Cathedral Ledge, 60 Echo Lake Road (Located off of West Side Road). Panoramic views of the Mount Washington Valley are accessed by car atop the 1000-foot tall (300 m) rock ledge. A very steep, easily driven road (Cathedral Ledge Road) leads tourists up the mountain in a matter of minutes where they are able to park and hike a 100 foot trail to the fenced viewing area. Easy access and limited area make this location slightly crowded at times. This area also attracts many experienced and novice climbers who ascend the rock face throughout the summer and winter months.
North Conway is a popular area for rock climbing and hiking with Cathedral Ledge and Diana's Baths being the most popular.
- Attitash Ski Resort, Route 302, toll-free: (7669). In the wintertime, Attitash offers 74 trails and Terrain Park for skiers and snowboarders. The Nor'easter Mountain Coaster brings you 1,420 ft (430 m) up the side of the mountain; at the top you descend 2,880 ft (880 m) downward at a speed up to 25 mi (40 km) per hour. A single ride on this coaster is $12 without a ski ticket, or $10 with a ski ticket. First time ride is free. Requirements to ride the coaster include: children over 3 years of age, and riders must be 9 years or older to ride alone. During the summer, Attitash offers its Alpine Slide, Water Park and Scenic View ride.
- Cranmore Mountain Resort, 1 Skimobile Rd, ☏ . Cranmore Mountain is a great beginner mountain, for those with small children learning how to ski or snowboard. It is a very family oriented resort, with a warm, cozy lodge. This mountain is also equipped for night skiing, with well lit trails for skiing or snowboarding during the night. You can rent skiing/snowboarding equipment from the resort, and take group lessons or individual lessons for beginners. There is also a tubing park located on the resort open until 9PM every day except Sunday, where it is open until 4PM. For a 2-hour tubing ticket, it is $23 for every age.
- Northern Extremes, Main St, ☏ . Offering kayaking, canoeing, tubing, snowmobiling, and hiking.
- Saco Bound, Inc. & Rapid River Rafting, Route 302 Center, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Canoeing, kayaking or rafting.
- Bike Shop, Mountain Valley Mall Blvd, ☏ . Bike rentals.
- Sports Outlet, Main St, ☏ . Bike rentals.
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, Route 16, ☏ .
- Outdoor Escapes New Hampshire, LLC, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Provides guided photo tours, moose tours, hiking backpacking, canoeing, kayaking, mountain biking, snow shoeing and cross country skiing.
- New England Dog Sledding, Attitash Ski Area, Mailing Address: 591 Kings Highway Mason Twsp, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Dog sledding for families or couples that includes adventure and scenery (19min from North Conway).
- Farm By The River, 2555 West Side Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A Bed and Breakfast with stables for sleigh rides and horseback riding year round.
- Bretton Woods at the Mount Washington Resort, 302 Bretton Woods, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Provides skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides, dog sledding and snowshoeing.
- Eastern Mountain Climbing School, Main St, Eastern Slope Inn Complex North Conway Village, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Snowshoeing, rock and ice climbing
- International Mountain Equipment and Climbing School, 2733 Main Street North Conway Village, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Rock and Ice Climbing, year round.
- Ham Arena, West Main Street, Conway, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to public ice skating, the Ham Arena offers ice hockey programs and figure skating practice ice for children and adults. The Ham Arena also features a pro shop stocked with hockey equipment, an on-site pizza and snack shop, and a video games area.
- Northern Extremes Snowmobiling, 1946 White Mtn. Highway, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Provides snowmobiling with guided tours, canoeing and kayaking.
- AMC Highland Center, Route 302 Bretton Woods, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Highland Center is an starting point for day hikes, paddling, snowshoe treks, skiing, and longer backcountry trips in the White Mountains.
- Alpine Slides, Attitash P.O. Box 308 Bartlett, ☏ , toll-free: . Mountain slides and water slides.
- Banana Village, 2129 White Mountain Highway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Family fun with miniature golf, food and an arcade. Banana Village encourages birthday parties and summer camp group outings to their location as well.
- [dead link] Diana's Baths, West Side Road (0.5 miles north of the Cathedral Ledge access road). The series of waterfalls is very popular amongst tourists during the summer. Many come here to cool off in the frigid mountain water of Lucy Brook. A mild 0.6-mile hike from the parking area is required to access the falls. $3 honor system for parking.
- Echo Lake State Park, 68 Echo Lake Road Conway, ☏ . M-F: 9AM-sunset Sa/Su: 8:30AM-sunset. Good location for family swimming and picnics. A trail around the lake provides close-up views of Cathedral Ledge and White Horse Ledge. Pets are not permitted. Adults (12-65) $4; Children (6-11) $2.
- 1 Four Seasons Lodge, 31 Whiskiers Lane, ☏ , ✉ Teena@FourSeasonsLodge.com. 9AM-10PM. Vacation rental with an indoor pool and sauna. 10 bedrooms and sleeps 20. One group rents the whole lodge. Family friendly.
- Mt. Washington Valley Winter Carnival, toll-free: . Various events held around Mt. Washington Valley. Week long event typically held mid-February through early March.
- Race to Beat Cancer, Mt. Cranmore Resort, ☏ . Held annually in February to benefit the American Cancer Society
- Chocolate Festival Ski Tour, ☏ .
- Mt. Washington Valley Winter Carnival, toll-free: . Various events held around Mt. Washington Valley. Week long event typically held mid-February through early March.
- Annual Taste of New Hampshire, Mt. Washington Hotel, toll-free: . Chefs of the American Culinary Federation provide culinary and beverage demonstrations throughout the weekend.
- Annual Memorial Day Sidewalk Sales, Settler's Green Outlet Village Route 16.
- Memorial Day Weekend Craft Fair, North Conway Community Center, ☏ .
- Mt. Washington Road Race, ☏ . Held in mid-June, annual hillclimb up the Mt. Washington Auto Road.
- [dead link] Annual Arts Jubilee, ☏ . Indoor and outdoor concert series held June–August.
- Independence Day Celebration, Schouler Park, ☏ . July 4th. Includes fireworks around 9PM.
- [dead link] Annual Bach Festival, ☏ . August 23–26, 2007. Four-day event celebrating the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. $30-60 for all four shows.
- Labor Day Weekend Lobster Bake and BBQ, White Mountain Hotel West Side Rd, ☏ .
- Labor Day Sidewalk Sales, Settler's Green Outlets, Route 16. Back to school specials at more than 60 stores.
- Fall Festival and Scarecrow Contest, Settler's Green Outlet Village, Route 16, ☏ . Held in late September through early October, free events for the whole family.
- Fryeburg Fair, Nearby Fryeburg, Maine, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A week long historical event only 20 minutes from North Conway held in the first week of October. $42 for an 8 day pass, $24-$30 per night for camper parking.
- Fall Festival and Scarecrow Contest, Settler's Green Outlet Village Route 16, ☏ . Held in late September through early October, free events for the whole family.
- Polar Express Event, Conway Scenic Railroad 38 Norcross Circle. This special event takes adult and children passengers on the Polar Express to the "North Pole" departing from the center of North Conway.
- New Years Festival and Party, Schouler Park, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hale's Location Golf & Country Club, West Side Rd, ☏ . 18 holes. Par 36.
- North Conway Country Club (North Conway Village at Norcross Circle), ☏ . 18-hole par 71 course rated as one of the top ten golf courses in New Hampshire.
- White Mountain Resort (Off West Side Road), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The numerous stores and shopping centers are located on "the strip," a stretch of road on Route 16 in North Conway. Chains including Wal-Mart and Staples. Stores tend to close early in this area of New Hampshire, so if you're shopping after dinner, shops like Zeb's General Store or the North Conway Five and Dime may be closed.
- Christmas Loft, Route 16, ☏ .
- Eastern Mountain Sports, 1498 White Mountain Highway Unit C30, ☏ .
- [dead link] Main St Bike Rental, Bartlett Village (2 mile west pf attitash), ☏ . Family bike rentals. Ride the country roads or gravel forest roads. Rents Schwin bikes.
- Naked Bohemian, 23 Reporter Ct, ☏ . Unique handmade furniture.
- North Conway Antiques and Collectibles (Routes 16 and 302), ☏ .
- North Conway Five and Dime, Route 16, ☏ . The Five and Dime appears very low key, but is a very interesting store to visit. This general store differs from Zeb's in nearly every way, having old fashioned toys, utensils, and novelties that have lasted through the ages.
- Richard M. Plusch Fine Antiques, Routes 16 and 302, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Shaw's Grocery Store, 1150 Eastman Rd, ☏ .
- [dead link] Simply Primitive, 2730 Main St, ☏ .
- Sawyer River Knife & Trading Company, 16 Norcross Pl (north of the Park in the Village), ☏ . 11AM-5PM. Largest selection of quality cutlery and sporting knives. Gourmet kitchen store with the best names in small kitchen appliances, cookware and kitchen gadgets.
- Zeb's General Store, Route 16, ☏ , toll-free: . Zeb's General Store is like the candy store everyone imagines when they were a kid. It has many different types of candy, honey sticks, and homemade fudge. Not only does Zeb's sell candy, but there are a variety of gift baskets, New England specialty foods, crackers, maple syrup, desserts, dips, and many, many more, all priced reasonably. It is a great place to go to make the children happy, and perhaps pick up a self-made gift basket for someone or try a different type of recipe. Zeb's is one of those stores that has a little bit of everything!
- Settler's Green Outlet Village Plus, Route 16, ☏ , toll-free: . Stores include: Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, J Crew, Nike, Old Navy, Pacific Sunwear, Children's Place, Gap, Van Heusen, Wilson's Leather, Coach, Aeropostale, Adidas, Bass, Brookstone, Carter's, Champion, Harry and David, Journeys, Reebok, Talbots. This shopping outlet has parking to access any store. During the winter season, it is busier with more people because of the tourist attractions and skiing/snowboarding resorts surrounding this area.
- White Mountain Outlets, Route 16. Stores include: L.L. Bean, Polo Ralph Lauren, Chuck Roast, Nautica, Brooks Brothers, Liz Claiborne.
- Tanger Outlet Centers, Route 16, toll-free: .
Chains including Applebees's, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Friendly's Ice Cream, McDonald's and Pizza Hut can all be found in town. Other options include:
- Brandli's Pizza Pasta Grille, 29 Common Ct (Settlers' Green Outlet Village), ☏ .
- Delaney's Hole In the Wall, 2966 White Mountain Highway, ☏ . Delaney's is a family oriented tavern with a variety of options on the menu serving lunch and dinner. Located in the heart of the White Mountain region in New Hampshire, there is always a crowd made up of skiers and snowboarders from all over in the winter. On occasion, there is entertainment at the restaurant, such as singers/bands. There are always TVs with sporting events on to watch as well. Their motto is "Big Time Portions – Big Time Drinks – Big Time Fun for the Whole Family."
- 1 Horsefeathers, 2679 White Mountain Highway, ☏ . Horsefeathers is a great place for a sit-down meal. They are known for having excellent seafood. They do have a small menu, but every item is great.
- 2 Moat Mountain Smoke House & Brewing Co., 3378 White Mountain Highway, ☏ . Moat Mountain and Brewery is an excellent place for both children and adults. They have a vast menu that varies in price from $10-15. They are known for having some of the best ribs and burgers in the area. They offer five different types of their flagship beers and have over ten different types of seasonal beer.
- Peaches Restaurant. Excellent for breakfast.
- The Stairway Café. Excellent for breakfast.
- [dead link] Up Country Family Restaurant & Tavern, ☏ .
- White Horse Grille & Tavern, West Side Rd, ☏ .
- Muddy Moose Restaurant and Pub, 2344 White Mountain Highway, ☏ . 11:30AM-10PM.
- [formerly dead link] Peking Sunrise Restaurant, 1179 Eastman Rd, ☏ . 11:30AM-9:30PM. Lunch Specials daily 11:30-3PM.
- Panda Garden Chinese Food (Chinese Cuisine), 32 White Mountain Highway (Located in Mountain Mall Valley Shopping Center), ☏ . Su-Th 11:30AM to 9:30PM. F Sa 11:30AM-10:30PM.
- Black Cap Grille, 1498 White Mountain Highway (Located in Settler's Crossing between EMS and L.L. Bean). 11:30AM-9:30PM. Kitchen open until 10PM on weekends. Bar serves later.
- Merlino's Family Steakhouse, 1717 White Mountain Highway, ☏ . 11AM-9PM.
- Fiesta Jalisco, 6 Mountain Valley Blvd, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-10:30PM, Su 11AM-9PM.
- 3 The 1785 Inn, 3582 White Mountain Hwy, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. At the Scenic Vista. Gourmet, innovative but casual.
- 2 Clarendon Motel, 3537 White Mountain Highway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. $55 to $130.
- Darbyfield Inn, 185 Chase Hill, Albany, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A full service romantic county inn that has fireplace and jacuzzi rooms and suites.
- Eastman Inn, 2331 White Mountain Highway, ☏ , toll-free: . A 14-room year-round bed and breakfast. All rooms with private baths and air conditioning. $110 to $160 per night.
- Fox Ridge Resort, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11PM. Offers three room types: family rooms, rooms, and jacuzzi rooms. $75 to $200.
- Green Granite Inn and Conference Center, 1515 White Mountain Highway (Route 16), ☏ , toll-free: . $100-270 per night.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1732 White Mountain Hwy, ☏ .
- Isaac Merrill House, toll-free: . The Isaac Merrill House has only 15 rooms, with four different room styles to choose from, this hotel is about atmosphere and history. $99 to $159.
- North Conway Grand Hotel, Rt. 16 Settler's Green, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. $89 to $199, meals not included.
- Red Elephant Inn (formerly Victorian Harvest Inn), 28 Locust Ln, ☏ , toll-free: . A year-round bed and breakfast located on a quiet wooded lane just off the main route. Eight rooms with private baths and air conditioning, garden and pool. $80 to $200 per night. Great views of the Moat Mountain range. The breakfasts are outstanding!
- Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Spa, Route 16, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- [dead link] Residence Inn by Marriott, North Conway, 1801 White Mountain Highway, ☏ . Features family suites with double queen beds, high-speed Internet access and breakfast.
- Four Seasons Lodge (Whiskiers Ski Club), 31 Whiskiers Lane (off West Side Road), ☏ , ✉ Teena@FourSeasonsLodge.com. Check-in: 4 PM, check-out: 11 AM. A year-round vacation rental tucked behind the pines off a scenic byway. Private indoor pool, sauna, 10 bedrooms with sleeping for 20 guests, private back patio, football, karaoke, Wii, free Wifi, plenty of parking
|Routes through North Conway|
|Littleton/Berlin ← Glen ←||W/N E/S||→ Conway → Portland/Portsmouth|