Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Northtowns of Erie County are in the Niagara Frontier region of New York.
- 1 Akron — a small rural village that's home of the majestic Akron Falls
- 2 Alden — countrified charm at the eastern edge of Erie County
- 3 Amherst — Buffalo's most populous suburb, with a wide range of things to do; includes the charming historic village of Williamsville
- 4 Cheektowaga — shopping galore, home of the largest mall on the Niagara Frontier
- 5 Clarence — a comparatively-high income town known for antique shops
- 6 Grand Island — where the Niagara River splits in two; once an old summer resort, now an upper-class exurb with a charming old-fashioned amusement park.
- 7 Lancaster — site of the historic Lancaster Opera House
- 8 Tonawanda — the western terminus of the present-day Erie Canal; a 19th-century lumber port turned middle-class suburb
Buffalo, of course, if you haven't already.
The world-famous Niagara Falls is to the north.
Just across the Niagara River (via the Peace Bridge) is Canada, more specifically Ontario. Keep in mind that you do need documents such as a passport to cross.