North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Niagara Frontier > Northtowns > CheektowagaJump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 Buffalo-Depew Train Station, 55 Dick Rd.. Cheektowaga is accessible from the east and west by Amtrak, served by the following Amtrak lines:
- The Empire Service runs from New York City via Yonkers, Croton-on-Hudson, Poughkeepsie, Rhinecliff, Hudson, Albany (Rensselaer), Schenectady, Amsterdam, Utica, Rome, Syracuse, and Rochester, and continues past Buffalo to Niagara Falls.
- The Maple Leaf, which runs from Toronto via Oakville, Burlington (Aldershot), Grimsby, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Ontario, and Niagara Falls, USA, then continues to New York City along the same route as the Empire Service.
- The Lake Shore Limited. Eastbound trains on this route travel from Chicago via South Bend, Elkhart, Waterloo, Bryan, Toledo, Sandusky, Elyria, Cleveland, and Erie. Westbound trains begin either at Boston or New York City; trains from Boston proceed to Albany via Framingham, Worcester, Springfield, and Pittsfield; with trains from New York City making stops at Croton-on-Hudson and Poughkeepsie. At Albany, the two routes converge and trains follow the same route as the Empire Service, stopping at Schenectady, Utica, Syracuse, and Rochester.
- 1 Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily, sunrise-sunset. Education Centerː M-F 9AM-4ː30PM, Sa 1-4ː30PM. 292-acre complex of forests, ponds, and wetlands. Free.
- 2 Our Lady Help of Christians Chapel (Maria Hilf Chapel), 4125 Union Rd (at Genesee St), ☏ , ✉ OLHC.Chapel@gmail.com. Built in 1853 in Greek Revival style.
- Polish-American Arts Festival. The Polish-American Arts Festival has been held annually since 1979 at Cheektowaga Town Park to honor Casimir Pulaski, the Polish nobleman and mercenary who played a pivotal role in the American Revolution. Aside from the General Pulaski Parade down Harlem Road that kicks off the festivities each year, the Polish-American Arts Festival offers polka dancing, food and drink, and live music over three days in mid-July.
- 1 Sky Zone Buffalo.
- 1 Walden Galleria, Walden Avenue (10 minutes from downtown Buffalo via the Kensington Expressway and/or Interstate 90), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9:30PM, Su 11AM-6PM. The region's largest mall has over 200 stores and services.
- There are also plenty of other big-box department stores and plazas along Union Rd. and Walden Ave. in the general vicinity of the Galleria.
- 1 Taqueria Los Mayas, 3525 Genesee St., ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 11AM-9:30PM. From the looks of it, tucked between an auto body shop and a tired-looking suburban strip mall out by the airport, you'd never peg this as the place where locals flock to enjoy the best Mexican food on the Niagara Frontier. But appearances are deceiving at Los Mayas — and the word "flock" is apropos too; rare is the time when there's not a long wait for a table. Tacos come on house-made corn tortillas with a variety of fillings from the familiar (ground beef, chicken, al pastor) to the more esoteric (cactus leaf and potato; chorizo with buche, i.e. beef chitterlings), with a full toppings bar to visit once you've been served; the balance of the menu consists of familiar Tex-Mex standbys enhanced with an extra zing of authenticity. Service is friendly, but slow and rather inattentive. $15-40.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
- Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport, 4630 Genesee St., ☏ . Fitness club, business center, data ports in all rooms, cable TV with HBO.
- Comfort Inn Near Walden Galleria Mall, 475 Dingens St. (I-190 exit 1), ☏ . Fitness center, business center, indoor pool, guest laundry, complimentary hot breakfast. All guest rooms contain refrigerators, irons and ironing boards, and coffeemakers; whirlpool suites are also available.
- Comfort Suites, 901 Dick Rd., ☏ . Business center, fitness club, indoor pool and whirlpool, laundry service.
- [dead link] Galleria Inn & Suites, 601 Dingens St. (I-190 exit 1), ☏ . Fitness center, business center, satellite TV with premium channels, free continental breakfast. Heated outdoor pool open in season; indoor whirlpool open all year.
- Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport Galleria, 1745 Walden Ave. (I-90 exit 52W), ☏ . Fitness center, business center, coin laundry, indoor pool and whirlpool spa.
- Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, 131 Buell Rd., ☏ . Business center, fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool, laundry and dry cleaning service, Global Newspaper service.
- Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo, 2040 Walden Ave. (I-90 exit 52E), ☏ . Immediately adjacent to Walden Galleria and convenient to Walden Avenue shopping. Indoor pool, fitness center with his-and-hers saunas, business center, valet services, guest laundry, satellite TV in all guest rooms. Fine dining at Waldens Restaurant and casual poolside fare at Twigs Lounge.
- Oak Tree Inn Buffalo Airport, 3475 Union Rd. (I-90 exit 52E), ☏ . Guest rooms have been specially designed and constructed to optimize quality of sleep, including special HVAC units, soundproof walls, and sound therapy digital alarm clocks. Fitness center, whirlpool, laundry service, fax and copy service. Free breakfast for hotel guests at Alton's Restaurant, located next door.
- Quality Inn-Buffalo Niagara International Airport, 4217 Genesee St., ☏ . Business center, fitness center, whirlpool rooms and suites available. Coin laundry. Free incoming and outgoing faxes. Best Park-and-Fly rates on Genesee Street. Wall Street Journal (weekdays) and Buffalo News (Saturdays and Sundays) available free to all guests. Complimentary hot and cold continental breakfast served daily. Flat-screen TVs in each room. Microwave ovens and refrigerators available on request. Friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, 100 Holtz Rd., ☏ . Business center, fitness center, guest laundry facilities. Deluxe continental breakfast in the morning and fresh cookies in the evening. Whirlpool suites available.
- Courtyard by Marriott Buffalo Airport, 4243 Genesee St., ☏ . Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access, business center, fitness club, restaurant, HDTV in all rooms, indoor pool and whirlpool spa. Outdoor patio with fire pit.
- Days Hotel Buffalo Airport, 4345 Genesee St., ☏ . Indoor pool, hot tub, and steam room, fitness center, business center, HBO in all rooms. Sandwiches, light meals, and beer and wine are available at Landing Bar & Grill.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, 4271 Genesee St., ☏ . Directly across the street from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport. Large HDTVs with LCD screens available in all guest rooms, with premium channels available. Wired and wireless high-speed Internet in all rooms. Business center, fitness center, coin laundry, valet dry cleaning, and lovely indoor pool.
- Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, 4201 Genesee St., ☏ . Business center, fitness club, indoor pool, airline desk, coin laundry, newsstand, on-site convenience store. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily at the Great American Grill.
- Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., ☏ . Business center, free incoming faxes, fitness center with hot tub, outdoor pool open seasonally, guest laundry, game room, valet service. Each room has a coffeemaker, iron and ironing board, flat-panel HDTV, and bath products from Bath & Body Works. On-site dining is available at Max's Classic American Grill.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport, 760 Dick Rd., ☏ . An all-suite property. Business center, fitness center, basketball court, indoor pool, on-site convenience store. All suites contain full kitchens with stove and dishwasher and have separate living and sleeping areas.
- Residence Inn Buffalo Cheektowaga, 107 Anderson Rd. (I-90 exit 52W), ☏ . Business center, fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool spa. Buffet breakfast and evening reception daily in lobby. Delivery available from local restaurants.
|Routes through Cheektowaga|
|Niagara Falls ← Buffalo ←||W E||→ Rochester → Albany (Rensselaer)|
|Cleveland ← Erie ←||W E||→ Rochester → Albany (Rensselaer)|
|Erie ← West Seneca ←||W E||→ Amherst → Albany|
|Niagara Falls ← Buffalo ←||N S||→ END|
|Erie ← West Seneca ←||W E||→ Lancaster → Auburn|
|END ← Buffalo ←||W E||→ Lancaster → Rochester|
|Lockport ← Amherst/Clarence ←||N S||→ West Seneca → East Aurora|