Major connections to other areas of Western New York run through town. the Interstate-90 runs north and south near the border with Lackawanna, Cheektowaga, and Buffalo. There are several connections via the I-90 in West Seneca. On of these is to the 219 which runs north and south (to Springville in highway form before conversion to local roads making up the Buffalo-Pittsburgh Highway) through the Southtowns starting south at the split with the I-90 exit to Ridge Rd. Immediately north is the start of the westbound route of the 400 Expressway which ends in East Aurora and further north is the I-190, a secondary to the 90 which starts near the West Seneca and Cheektowaga town line heading northbound into Buffalo and ultimately towards Niagara Falls and the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge leading to the border crossing into Canada.
- Charles E. Burchfield Nature & Art Center, 2001 Union Rd., ☏ . M-F 10AM-4PM, Su 12PM-3PM, Sa various hours. Charles Burchfield was one of the most accomplished watercolorists in American history, and from 1925 until his death in 1967, he lived and worked in the village of Gardenville, now part of Buffalo's suburb of West Seneca. In 2000, the Town of West Seneca opened the Charles E. Burchfield Nature & Art Center on the former site of Gardenville Park, where Burchfield painted some of his most famous nature scenes. Today, these 29 acres (11ha) of woodland are traversed with footpaths and peppered with gardens and interpretive exhibits regarding local flora and fauna as well as the art of Charles Burchfield. Trees such as maple, birch, aspen, hickory, and oak, plants such as wild rose, raspberry, and dogwood, and a wide array of native animal life are to be found at the Burchfield Center. Donation.
- Though it is not a shopping mall in the traditional sense of the term, with enclosed corridors, the Southgate Plaza is a greatly important shopping destination for area residents. Founded in 1955, the Southgate Plaza was the first shopping plaza to be built in Buffalo's southern suburbs. The Southgate Plaza is located at the corner of Union Road and Seneca Street and boasts over 100 retail stores, restaurants and offices including its anchor tenants LA Fitness, Dollar Tree, and the Market in the Square, a community-owned food market.
- 1 Ebenezer Ale House, 4348 Seneca St., ☏ . 11AM-2AM. Complete restaurant menu with everything from delicious appetizers, succulent entrees and weekly specials. Complete line of craft beers highlighted by 22 taps and even more bottles of hard to find brews.
- 2 Pasquale's, 3720 Seneca St., ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su noon-10PM. Since 1975 - Italian cuisine, full service restaurant serving pasta, seafood, chicken, steak and veal dishes. Full service bar, take-out menu. $8-24.
- 3 Schwabl's, 789 Center Rd., ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, F-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 1PM-8:30PM. Traditional Buffalo food since 1837, hand carved roast beef on kummelweck, fish fry, homemade soup, full bar, no reservations.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
- Bluebird Motel, 1630 Southwestern Blvd., West Seneca, ☏ . All rooms feature refrigerators, microwaves, and 72 channels of cable TV.
- [dead link] Hampton Inn Buffalo South, 1750 Ridge Rd., West Seneca (I-90 exit 55), ☏ . Business center, audiovisual equipment rental, fitness room, indoor pool, laundry and valet service, complimentary continental breakfast. Multi-lingual staff.
- Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, 164 Slade Ave., West Seneca (I-90 exit 55), ☏ . An extended-stay hotel that consists of studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom/2-bathroom suites. Business center, courier service, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour guest laundry, same-day dry cleaning service, indoor saltwater pool and hot tub, outdoor patio with barbecue grills. Continental breakfast, evening guest reception Tu-Th.
|Routes through West Seneca|
|Erie ← Lackawanna ←||W E||→ Cheektowaga → Buffalo via|
|Erie ← Orchard Park ←||W E||→ Cheektowaga → Auburn|
|END ←||N S||→ Orchard Park → Salamanca|
|END ← Buffalo ←||N S||→ East Aurora → Olean|
|Lockport ← Cheektowaga/Lancaster ←||N S||→ East Aurora → Gainesville|