Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Amtrak, 525 East Street, toll-free: . The Albany-Rensselaer station is Amtrak's 10th busiest. Taxis from the train station into Albany are pricey due to a cab company monopoly, so get a ride if you can. Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) bus route 214 connects downtown Albany to the station 6 AM-11 PM Monday-Saturday, 9 AM-7 PM Sundays. CDTA bus route 114 connects the station with downtown Albany, the University at Albany, St. Rose College and Crossgates Mall. Trains serving the stations include the Maple Leaf (New York-Albany-Toronto), the Adirondack (New York-Albany-Montreal), Empire Service (New York-Albany-Niagara Falls), the Ethan Allen Express (Rutland-Albany-New York), and the Lake Shore Limited (Chicago-Buffalo-Albany-New York/Boston).
- 2 Megabus, North Surface parking lot off of East Street (The entrance to the lot is located on East St., just north of Wendell St.). Megabus connects Albany with New York City. Fares start at just $1 when reserved far in advance. Parking is available in the surface lots adjacent to the stop.
- Capital District Transportation Authority, ☏ . CDTA offers very limited bus service to the Albany International Airport. Routes 610 operates from around 6AM to around 11:30PM every 25–30 minutes during the day and almost every hour at night. Weekend service is very infrequent. Route 737 serve the airport during weekday rush hours only and is infrequent as well.
- Interstate 90 (I-90)
- 1 Crailo State Historic Site (Fort Crailo), 9 1/2 Riverside Ave., ☏ . Museum of the Colonial Dutch in the Hudson River Valley
- 1 The Shoppes at Greenbush Commons, 600 North Greenbush Rd. Retail park, includes a Target, Home Depot, and Staples.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 8 Empire Dr. (East Greenbush), ☏ .
- 2 Fairfield Inn Albany East Greenbush, 124 Troy Rd., ☏ .
- 3 Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley, 3 Tech Valley Dr., ☏ .
|Routes through Rensselaer|
|Montreal ← Saratoga Springs ←||N S||→ Hudson → New York City|
|Buffalo ← Schenectady ←||W S||→ Hudson → New York City|
|Buffalo (Depew) ← Schenectady ←||W E/S||→ Pittsfield/Poughkeepsie → Boston/New York City|
|Buffalo ← Albany ←||W E||→ West Stockbridge → Springfield|
|Montreal ← Albany ←||N S||→ Kinderhook → New York City|
|Auburn ← Albany ←||W E||→ Pittsfield → Springfield|