the Greyhound and Vermont Transit websites for schedules.
- See also: Rail travel in the United States
- 1 Middlebury station, 30 Middle Seymour Street.
- Amtrak, ☏ , toll-free: . Operates trains throughout the United States of America. Route stopping at Middlebury:
Middlebury is compact, but it's worth having a car to see the nearby countryside.
- Middlebury College has a picturesque campus just outside of the town center. There is a waterfall and bridge in the Frog Hollow area downtown with numerous restaurants and galleries.
- 1 Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History, 1 Park St, ☏ , email@example.com.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:27PM local time and lasts 1 min - you can extend this by heading north. The chances of a clear sky are 35%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio and the Canada–New England border, then across New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
- Robert Frost Interpretive Trail. 1.2 mile loop trail commemorating the poetry of Robert Frost. Selections of his work are posted along the trail.
The Middlebury Inn is a good upscale choice. There are numerous B&Bs and motels nearby to fit all budgets. Check the Middlebury College schedule before visiting, as area hotels are completely booked for graduation and other major events. Book well ahead if coming during leaf season (late September - early November).
|Routes through Middlebury|
|Burlington ← Shelburne ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Brandon → Rutland|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct W → Jct W E → Manchester|
|Burlington ← Hinesburg ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ END|
|END ← Crown Point via ←||W E||→ Jct N S → END|