North America > United States of America > New England > Vermont > Northwest Vermont > Chittenden County > Shelburne (Vermont)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Shelburne Museum. One of the nation's premier collections of American artifacts.
- Vermont Teddy Bear Company. A maker of teddy bears. They have a company store as well as a factory tour for people to see how the bears are made. They also have bears available that you can have stuffed while you watch.
- Shelburne Farms. A great place for all ages. Kids will like bringing their parents to the Children's Farmyard and everyone likes the cheese. The grounds and buildings are amazing and there are events in every season. Be sure to walk up Lone Tree Hill behind the Farm Barn. The view is not to be missed.
- Shelburne Craft School. Has a nice little gallery located on the town green in the center of town.
- Folino's Wood Fired Pizza, 6305 Shelburne Rd, ☏ . Folino's is a simple affair. They serve pizza and a salad (a single salad, but several pizza options). Everything is very fresh and the pizza is a nice balance between chewy and crisp. The experience is mostly self-serve, you order at the counter and have to grab your own plates, silverware, and drinks. Folino's is BYOB and keeps a large fridge of chilled glasses for you to use, which is convenient since they are located in the same building as Fiddlehead Brewery and they don't charge an un-corking fee. The lack of table service and the small menu keep prices low, you can get a pizza and a salad for less than $20 in one of the wealthiest towns in VT.
- Fiddlehead Brewing Company, 6305 Shelburne Rd, ☏ . Fiddlehead makes a small range of very popular beers that can be found all over Vermont. Their signature IPA differentiates itself from the masses with a noticeably grassy finish. The brewery and tasting room are located in the same building as Folino's Pizza and you are encouraged to take your growlers next door for immediate consumption (with pizza). Fiddlehead only offers growler fills and free tastings.
- Shelburne Vineyards, 6308 Shelburne Rd., ☏ . Located directly across the street (walking across can be difficult) from Fiddlehead, you will find Shelburne Vineyard. For $7, you can taste all their wines and keep your tasting glass. They do make wines with grapes grown on-site, but many of their wines also feature grapes grown in the much more climatically appropriate Finger Lakes of New York. The result is surprising to people who have suffered through Vermont wines in the past as Shelburne Vineyard's wines are all quite drinkable. You can also purchase a full glass or a bottle to enjoy in the tasting room or on the porch.
- Quality Inn, 2572 Shelburne Rd, ☏ . Chain motel north of the village. $120.
|Routes through Shelburne|
|Burlington ← South Burlington ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Middlebury → Rutland|