Oil City is in the Erie Region of Pennsylvania.
Oil City is the largest city in Venango County Pennsylvania United States. It grew large once Oil was struck in Titusville. Founded in 1860 on the site of a Seneca Indian village, it burgeoned as an oilcentre after the drilling of the world's first oil well (August 27, 1859) at Titusville, about 16 miles up Oil Creek. Incorporated as a borough in 1862, it became a city in 1871 after merging with Venango City.
- 1 Venango Museum of Art, Science and Industry, 270 Seneca St, ☏ .
- Hasson Park. Hasson Park is 48 acres of open and forested land containing many activities for the public. Hiking trials wind through the park amid a collection of rare rhododendron which are abundant with blooming color in the spring. A playground is located centrally and pavilions are available for picnics and parties. Immediately adjacent to Hasson Park is the public swimming pool, DekHockey rink, Skate Park, and ball fields.
- Arts in the Park:. Friday evening concerts July through August.
- Oil Heritage Festival (OHF), Oil City. July. Car Show, Artisan & fine crafts fair, Childrens events, Concerts, Parade and Fireworks
- The Cranberry Mall (Oil City Mall), 6945 US Route 322, Cranberry Township. Movie Theatre and 60 stores
- famoores Family Restaurant, 18 East First Street, Oil City Pa 16301, ☏ .
- Karma Coffee Company, 237 Seneca Street Oil City Pa 16301, ☏ .
- Northside Eatery, 219 Seneca Street, ☏ .
|Routes through Oil City|
|Youngstown ← Franklin ←||W E||→ Warren → Buffalo|
|Erie ← Titusville ←||N S||→ Franklin → Pittsburgh|