Olde English district is a region in South Carolina south of Charlotte, a major southeastern United States city. The counties of Lancaster and York are also considered to be a part of the Charlotte Metro.
- Great Falls
- 3 Indian Land (village)
- 4 Tega Cay
- 5 York
- Andrew Jackson State Park
- Cowpens National Battlefield
- Historic Brattonsville
- Kings Mountain National Military Park
- Kings Mountain State Park
- Landsford Canal State Park
The district is not a historical one. Instead, it is one of eleven tourism districts of South Carolina, created in 1976 by the state legislature in order to create and improve tourism, recreation and development in the included counties. Its name came about due to the region being settled by the English in the 1770s. The area was the site of a number of Revolutionary War battles including the Battle of Kings Mountain.
- Charlotte-Douglas International Airport—Although located in North Carolina, the Charlotte airport serves as a major airport for this region of South Carolina.
Below is a list of top sightseeing attractions in the region. Please go to individual cities for more listings.
- 1 Downtown Rock Hill Historic District, 154 E Main St, Rock Hill, SC.
- 2 Riverwalk Rock Hill, 1 Herrons Ferry Rd, Rock Hill, SC. A mixed-use community consisting of specialty shops, restaurants and hiking trails located along the Catawba River.
- 3 Fort Mill Downtown Historic District, Main Street, Fort Mill, SC.
- 4 Kings Mountain National Military Park, 1277 Park Road, Blacksburg, SC, ☎ .
- 5 South Carolina Railroad Museum, 100 Industrial Park Road, Winnsboro, SC, ☎ .
- 6 Historic Brattonsville, 1444 Brattonsville Road, Brattonsville, SC, ☎ .
- 7 Native American Studies Centre, 119 S Main Street, Lancaster, SC, ☎ .
- 1 Carowinds. 14523 Carowinds Blvd, Charlotte, NC
- 2 Canaan Zip-Lining. 3111 Sand Island Road, Rock Hill, SC
- 3 Carolina Cup Horse Racing, toll-free: . 200 Knights Hill Road, Camden, SC