Tega Cay is a small city along the eastern shore of Lake Wylie west of the town of Fort Mill in the Olde English District of South Carolina. Tega Cay is a suburb of the major city of Charlotte and has experienced rapid growth over the past decade.
Tega Cay means "beautiful peninsula" in Polynesian and has been known for its professional golf courses, restaurants and beachfront parks located on the Tega Cay peninsula of Lake Wylie in South Carolina.
Tega Cay is accessible from Interstate-485 exit number 4 and Interstate-77 exit number 88.
Tega Cay is best accessed by car, but cycling is common through the town especially in residential areas of the greater peninsula.
- 1 Tega Cay Public Golf Course, 15083 Molokai Dr, ☏ .
- 2 Mr. Putty's Miniature Golf, 2333 Dam Road,, ☏ .
- 3 Kayaking at Catawba River, 2505 New Gray Rock Road.
- 1 Stockbridge Commons, 867 Stockbridge Dr. Shopping center featuring specialty shops and anchored by Harris Teeter grocery store.
- 2 Tega Cay Village, 773 Crossroads Plaza. Shopping center anchored by Planet Fitness and home to numerous shops and restaurants at the entrance of Tega Cay.
- 1 521 BBQ - Tega Cay, 1135 Stonecrest Blvd Suite #101, ☏ . Casual eatery with bbq plates, sandwiches, burgers and fries.
- 2 Famous Toastery of Tega Cay, 2429 Hwy 160, ☏ . Hip breakfast spot with quick bites and healthy options.
- 3 Red Bowl Asian Bistro, 845 Stockbridge Dr, ☏ . Simple Asian venue offering pan-Asian fare from sushi to lo mein.
- 4 Tega Cay Deli, 1143 Stonecrest Blvd Suite #103,, ☏ . Local deli with a variety of sandwiches.
- 5 Saiki Japanese Restaurant, 709 Crossroads Plaza, ☏ . Sushi & hibachi-grilled fare plus Vietnamese dishes.
- 6 Los Aztecas - Tega Cay, 741 Crossroads Plaza, ☏ . Area-favorite offering authentic Mexican food.
- 1 Tega Cay City Tavern, 501 Crossroads Plaza, ☏ . Local bar & restaurant featuring happy hour specials and quick bites.
- 2 [dead link] Pasquale’s Restaurant & Pub, 1741 Gold Hill Road, ☏ . Late-night pub with Italian dishes.
There are no hotel accommodations in the city of Tega Cay, but there are a few options in nearby Fort Mill.