Take a flight to Split Airport [dead link] and then get a bus to Omiš.
You can use services from frequent buses that come in and go from Split, Makarska, Sibenik, Dubrovnik, Rijeka, Mostar. Local bus line 60 departs from Sukoišanska bus terminal in Split every 30 minutes. A one-way ticket to Omiš costs 20 kuna (available in bus), while a round-trip ticket costs 31 kuna and can be bought only at kiosks.
There is taxi-van service that can be used from Split and Makarska.
There is a ferry service from Ancona, Italy. Take a ferry to the Port of Split and then use the bus to get to Omiš.
You can get around the city by car, local taxi and bus service, or tourist trolley. You can also rent a bike or moped from tourist agencies. However most people find it sufficiently comfortable to get around on foot, because Omiš is relatively small city.
- Visit the historic churches of Omiš
- Fortresses Mirabella and Fortica
- Beautiful city beach (Velika Plaza)
- The city museum and harbour
- Listen to the Festival of Dalmatian Klapas [dead link]
- Participate in summertime activities the Fishing Nights, Crazy Dives and Pirates Nights
- Take a trip up to the canyon of Cetina
- Go rafting on the beautiful river Cetina
- Take a ferry trips to the islands of Brac and Hvar
- Go and visit the city of Makarska, Split, Solin and Trogir and enjoy the beauty of old architecture
- Visit surrounding places (Nemira, Stanici, Lokva, Duce, Dugi Rat)
- Go to the basketball, soccer, and water polo games
- Do canyoning in Zadvarje (30 km from Omis)
- Traditional folklore clothes
- Omiš post cards
- Handmade sculptures with city symbols
- Traditional Croatian schnaps
- Try Dalmatinski Prsut-Dalmatian smoked ham (ham smoked and dry on specific way)
- Fritule and Krostule (home made cookies)
- Jela ispod peke (meals prepared in the traditional way at the local restaurants)
- Local sea-food specialties
- Restaurant "Puljiz" old town: fresh fish, lobsters, steaks, not expensive, long tradition, terrace, always fresh food.
- Rakija: hard alcohol made either from grapes or plums
- Prosek: sweet liquor
- There are apartments for rent located all over the city that are relatively inexpensive.