Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Statue of Opo, the dolphin
- Sand dunes. Take the Hokianga Express ferry across the harbour and climb the dune towards the east (2.5 km). Ask the skipper for directions.
- Labyrinth Woodworks and Maze, 647 Waiotemarama Gorge Road, Waiotemarama.
- Footprints Waipoua. Take a twilight or daylight walk with a Māori guide through the Waipoua Forest to the giant Tāne Mahuta kauri tree. Departs by coach from the Copthorne Hotel in Omapere.
- Walk the beautiful bush track at Waiotemarama Falls, 5 km from Opononi.
- Opononi Takeaways
- Opononi Hotel
- Copthorne Hotel and Resort Hokianga, 334 State Highway 12, Omapere.
- Opononi Beach Holiday Park, 43 State Highway 12, ☎ .
- Opononi Dolphin Lodge, 2 Fairlie Cres (corner of State Highway 12), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opononi Hotel, 19 State Highway 12.
- Opononi Lighthouse Motel, 45 State Highway 12, ☎ , toll-free: 0800 445577, fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Look out for the lighthouse at the front.
- Dargaville – to the south, beyond the Waipoua Forest
- Koutu – large round concretions (boulders) near Opononi
- Rawene – a town to the north-east