Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Koutu Bouders, along beach near Waione Road (From State Highway 1 turn into the west end of Koutu Loop Road and through the settlement of Koutu. From where the tarseal ends it is further km to Waione Road on your left. Drive about 100 m along Waione Road past the macrocarpa (pine) trees on the corner. Park on the left near the old cattle yards. From there walk along the beach. The further you walk the bigger the boulders get). You can go at high tide to see these concretions, but it is far easier during low tide. Access is at your own risk, free to the public.
- If you are lucky, you might see the seal colony which lives in the area.
- Horeke – the oldest Hokianga town and second oldest European settlement in New Zealand
- Kohukohu – a historic town with interesting buildings and many artists
- Mangamuka Bridge – kauri forest reserve
- Opononi – town on the south side of the harbour that became famous through Opo, a dolphin
- Rawene – a historic and picturesque village on a peninsula jutting into the harbour