Pacific Harbour is on the Coral Coast of Viti Levu.
Pacific Harbour is the adventure capital of Fiji. It is the place to head to when you get bored of lying under the tropical sun and palm trees sipping coconut water and instead need an adrenaline rush. The residents of Suva often go to Pacific Harbour as a weekend getaway.
Pacific Harbour is an hour's drive west from Suva's city centre along Queens Road. A similar journey from Sigatoka and Nadi takes about 80 minutes and 2.5 hours respectively. Regular bus services are available in both directions from Suva in the southeast and as far as northwest as Lautoka in the other direction.
It is easy hiring a car to explore the town and surrounds. The locals also get around by using the public bus.
- 1 Jetski Safari Fiji, Queens Rd, ☏ +679 3450933, +679 9959202, firstname.lastname@example.org. No previous jet skiing experienced is required.
- Zip Line Pacific Harbour, ☏ +679 672-6045, +679 930-0545. Glide over and get jaw-dropping views of the forest floor and river canyons.
- Jungle Skirmish, Deuba, ☏ +679 9926855, +679 9367622, email@example.com. Play 12 games of laser tag for up to 2 hours in the jungle and beach.
- 2 The Pearl Championship Golf Course and Country Club, Vanua Levu Dr, ☏ +679 773 0475. One of the relatively slower-paced activities you can do to keep busy at Pacific Harbour. However, the course can get quite muddy during the wet season.
- 3 Beqa Adventure Divers, Fairway Pl, ☏ +679 345 0911, firstname.lastname@example.org. Among the best shark divers in the world. Get up close to many species of sharks, fish and coral. The shark reef has been officially designated a marine park. Conservation projects are in place to preserve the bull shark population.
- 1 Arts Village (Tsulu), ☏ +679 345 0065. Touristy shops where you can grab a few gifts and souvenirs. There are cultural demonstrations throughout the village.
- The Waters Edge Restaurant (located in the Arts Village), ☏ +679 345 0145. Pizzas, burgers and Asian options. If you go at the right time, you hear the sounds of acoustic guitarists playing songs from the movie Castaway in the background.
- 1 Baka Blues, 1342 Hibiscus Dr, ☏ +679 345 0041. Tu-Su 11AM-10PM. Southern blues soul food and BBQ in the South Pacific.
- 2 Kevis Fish on Chips, Lot 1 Waidradra Highway, ☏ +679 362 9643. Simple, freshly made fish and chips cooked and served underneath a traditional bure (Fijian wood and straw hut) roof.
- Sakura House, Deuba, ☏ +679 345 0300. Japanese specialising in teriyaki, sashimi and tempura. Mains are between $25-$40.
- 1 The Establishment, Hibiscus Dr (Cnr of Hibiscus and River Dr), ☏ +679 773 0028. Daily 7AM-midnight. Cocktails and beer on tap. They serve pizzas and curries too.
- 1 The Pearl Resort, Queens Rd, ☏ +679 773 0022. Beautiful water views are abound at the hotel as it is next to both the ocean and river. Has a waterside spa, swimming pool, its own golf course and a pool bar.
- 2 Uprising Beach Resort, Beach Road, Natuatuathoko, ☏ +679 3452200, email@example.com. You have the option of staying in a standard room or in a villa made with traditional thatched roofs, which are much more beautiful.
- Navua, known for its sugar factories,] is the neighbouring town when you travel further east