Palm Coast is in Northeast Florida.
Palm Coast & Flagler County are serviced by:
- Daytona Beach Intl. Airport, 38 miles to the south
- St. Augustine Airport, 20 miles to the north
- Jacksonville Intl. Airport, 65 miles to the north
- Orlando Intl. Airport, 78 miles to the south west
- Orlando-Sanford Regional Airport in Sanford, 62 miles to the south west
- Flagler County Airport, 201 Airport Road, ☎ , fax: . The 5th largest municipal airport in Florida. Flagler County Airport also offers private air and re-fueling services. It also serves as home to Ginn Air Services and Embry-Riddle University's commercial pilot training program.
Palm Coast is nicely situated on Florida's east coast on interstate 95, US Route 1 & scenic Rt. A1A and is intersected by State Rt. 100 from the west, all of which offer easy access to Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando and Ocala.
Palm Coast has access to the Intracoastal Waterway leading from the Atlantic Ocean in St. Augustine or Daytona with Marina fueling services available.
Palm Coast, Florida is a growing city that has attracted everyone from young families who want to start a family there to retirees who just want to visit for a few months out of the year. This is an excellent city for outdoor recreation, with an expansive Intracoastal Waterway system that attracts boaters, to a number of parks and winding ocean front jogging trails where outdoor lovers can start their day off right with a walk or jog.
The city is home to approximately 60,000 residents, and lies on the Northeastern coast of Florida in between Jacksonville and Orlando. Palm Coast is close enough to St. Augustine, Daytona Beach, and Mt. Dora for a few afternoon trips but far enough away from any major tourist developments. The beauty of Palm Coast lies in the ability to sustain a downtown lifestyle with charming shops scattered throughout the downtown streets. As well, Palm Coast manages to maintain an essence of peace and tranquility while still inviting tourists to enjoy the laid back lifestyle. There are an abundance of golf courses, marinas, and tennis courts to keep visitors busy for an entire summer.
With the peaceful, laid back lifestyle of Palm Coast, this is a perfect location to bring along a pet during your vacation. Although the Florida beaches and parks have rules regarding pets, Palm Coast is extremely welcoming to pets with the abundance of outdoor recreation.
- St. Joe Walkway/Palm Coast Linear Park One of the major outdoor renovation projects currently going on in Palm Coast is the Intracoastal Waterway park site. This site will include hiking trails, bike trails, playground and picnic areas that encompasses four miles of Palm Coast. Part of the pathway and bike trail is already open, currently known as the St. Joe Walkway, which starts at the Palm Coast Community Center on Clubhouse Drive. The remainder of trails and waterway paths are opening as they are renovated and will be an excellent place for visitors to take dogs on a leisurely walk while enjoying the beauty of Palm Coast.
- James F. Holland Memorial Park James F. Holland is one of the major parks in Palm Coast where families gather for baseball games, tennis, volleyball, picnics and exercise. As of 2004, the city began adding on a dog park at the edge of the park, close to the Florida Park Drive entrance, near pavilion 3. While there are many amenities dedicated to families at the park, this portion will be dedicated to allowing the family pets room to run around and play. The park should be finished as of 2006 and will be a fenced area where pets can even get off their leashes for a while to enjoy a little fresh air and freedom.
- Princess Place Preserve This beautiful 1500-acre park offers abundant opportunities for dogs and humans alike to get out and stretch their legs after a long ride in the car traveling to Palm Coast. The preserve is in Palm Coast at 2500 Princess Place Road, off of Old Kings Road. There are facilities for canoeing, kayaking, and boating, as well as primitive camping and walking trails. For dog owners, the walking trails are an excellent place to let dogs have a little freedom. With the many different, winding trails it is likely you could walk for a few miles without running in to another hiker or dog walker. While the park is open to campers overnight, the main gates open at 7AM and stay open until 6PM.
- Tropical Kayaks of Palm Coast, 200 clubhouse dr (clubhouse and palm harbor intersection), ☎ . Flagler County Kayak eco tours, kayak rentals and sales. Open year round to kayak with the manatees and dolphins! Kayak eco tours/guided kayak trips each Saturday and Sunday from Bings Landing or Princess Place Preserve. Fishing kayak sales and fishing kayak rentals,too!
- Matanzas Woods Golf Course, 398 Lakeview Blvd, ☎ . Eighteen hole golf course, driving range, lessons, restaurant.
- Cypress Knolls, 1 Corporate Drive, toll-free: . Eighteen hole golf course, driving range, lessons, restaurant.
- Ocean Hammock, 398 Lakeview Blvd, toll-free: .
- Pine Lakes Country Club, 400 Pine Lakes Parkway, toll-free: . Eighteen hole golf course, driving range, lessons, restaurant.
- Palm Harbor Golf Course, Casper Road, ☎ . Eighteen hole golf course, driving range, restaurant.
- Town Center Shopping Plaza- offering a variety of stores including Target, PetSmart, Ulta, and more. 800 Belle Terre Pkwy.
- European Village- Featuring restaurants and unique boutiques in an open courtyard setting. 101 Palm Harbor Pkwy
- Island Walk Shopping Center- Restaurants and retail venues such as Petco, Tuesday Morning, and more. 100 Palm Coast Pkwy NE
- The European Village is the pinnacle dining experience in Palm Coast.
- La Piazza Cafe for great Italian Cuisine.
- Thai by Thai - delicious and authentic Thai food at reasonable prices in the Palm Harbor shopping center
- Scoops is an ice cream parlor with lots of flavors of homemade ice creams
- Metro Diner- serving breakfast and dinner items all day with many daily specials.
- Mamaling's- Authentic Asian food including Thai, Chinese, and Korean specialties
- El Pollo Colorao- Puerto Rican cuisine served fresh and at very reasonable prices
- [dead link] Best Western Palm Coast Hotel, 5 Kingswood Drive, ☎ .
- Hammock Beach, 200 Ocean Crest Drive. Oceanfront resort with one to three bedroom suites, villas and condos and scenic views. 2 championship golf courses, Waterpark with lazy river, marina, tennis complex, Golf Academy, dining, and personal concierge service.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Coast, 150 Flagler Plaza Dr., ☎ . Free daily newspapers, free breakfast on the go, in-room work and lap desks and free wireless Internet throughout.
- Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast Town Center, 55 Town Center Boulevard, ☎ .
- Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, 200 Flagler Plaza Drive, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Central location near Palm Coast beaches, free breakfast and a swimming pool. $78.88 - $138.88.
- WBHQ, 92.7 FM, Palm Coast, Contemporary pop and rock
- WJLH, 90.3 FM, Flagler Beach, Religious
- WYFB, 90.5 FM, Palm Coast, Religious
|Routes through Palm Coast|
|Jacksonville ← St. Augustine ←||N S||→ Ormond Beach → Daytona Beach|
|Jacksonville ← St. Augustine ←||N S||→ Ormond Beach → Daytona Beach|
|Jacksonville ← Marineland ←||N S||→ Flagler Beach → Daytona Beach|