Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Joseph H. Williams Tallgrass Prairie Preserve. Tallgrass is North America's largest remaining tract of tallgrass prairie ecosystem. What once covered much of the US and Central Canada, remains here to be seen in its most pristine condition in Oklahoma. Keep an eye out for the buffalo herds here as they are one of the nation's largest, and be warned, buffalo can sometimes charge unprovoked. So be sure to keep your distance, especially in the spring when there are lots of buffalo calves around. Free.
- 2 Osage Nation Museum, 819 Grandview Ave, ☏ . Tu-Sa 8:30AM-5PM. Free.
- 1 Osage Casino Pawhuska, 2017 East 15th Street, ☏ . Sun – Wed : 10 am – 2 am; Thur – Sat : 10 am – 4 am.
- 2 Osage Nation Museum, 819 Grandview Avenue (https://www.google.com/maps/dir/current+Location/Osage+Nation+Museum,+819+Grandview+Ave,+Pawhuska,+OKemail@example.com,-96.3422397,17z/), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday.. Founded in 1938, the ONM is the oldest tribally owned museum in the United States. It is located in a very interesting building that used to be a boarding school. To some it also looks like a church, since it features a steeple and bell. Free.
- 1 Buffalo Joes, 401 W Main St (It's on Main Street, you cannot miss it--look for the huge Buffalo Horned sign.), ☏ . Mon-Fr 6AM-10AM & 11AM-9PM, Sat 6AM-10:30AM, Sun 6AM-10:30AM & 11AM-2PM. Excellent local restaurant, serving American cuisine. Try the stuffed burgers, the pork chop dinner, and their daily rotating specials.
|Routes through Pawhuska|
|Enid ← Ponca City ←||W E||→ Bartlesville → Vinita|
|Emporia ← Sedan ← becomes ←||N S||→ Jct E → Jct W E → Jct W E → Stroud|