Jump to navigation Jump to search
Phthiotis is a region in Central Greece.
- 1 Agios Konstantinos, Phthiotis — A harbor with a regular ferry-boat connection to the islands of Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonnisos.
- 2 Atalanti —
- 3 Kamena Vourla — A holiday resort and a spa town.
- 4 Lamia — The regional capital
- 5 Ypati — An old town still dominated by a medieval castle. It was the capitale of a Crusader State in the 14th century.
- 1 Lichadonisia (Lichades) — A complex of seven inhabited islets opposite the town of Kammena Vourla and visited by many tourists in the summer.
- 2 Loutra Ypatis — The village is famous for its hot springs and boasts several hotels.
- 3 Mount Oeta National Park — Access through dirt-roads by a 4X4 vehicle from Ypati, Neochori and other nearby villages.
- 4 Theologos — A fishing village
- 1 Gorgopotamos Bridge — The railway bridge over the river Gorgopotamos is famous for one of the biggest sabotage acts of World War II, known as "Operation Harling". A British mission and 150 Greek partisans blew it up on 25 November 1942, cutting off German supplies being transported between Athens and Thessaloniki.
- 2 Thermopylae — A narrow coastal passage, famous for the battle that took place there in 480 BC