Piedmont is a region in the state of Georgia. This region includes the Metro Atlanta Region.
Metro Atlanta Counties
- Cherokee - includes Lake Alatoona
- Henry - location of the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton.
- Rockdale - includes Conyers, famous for horse races and the annual cherry blossom festival.
- Cowetta - includes Newman.
- Forsyth - includes Cumming.
- Paulding - includes Dallas.
- Spalding - includes Griffin.
- Bartow - includes Cartersville and the Etowah Mounds.
- Carroll - includes Carrolton, Villa Rica, and Mt. Zion
- Douglas - rolling hills at the south end of the Appalachians, includes Douglasville and Sweetwater Creek State Park.
- Newton - includes Covington
- Walton - includes the historic village of Social Circle.
- Meriwether - includes Warm Springs, the location of FDR's Little White House.
- Clarke - includes Athens.
- Hall - includes Gainesville and Lake Lanier Islands.
- Hart - Lake Hartwell.
- Jackson - includes Jefferson.
- Athens - College town home of the University of Georgia.
- Lake Lanier Islands
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the primary domestic and international airport that serves the Metro Atlanta Region.
Georgia Aquarium The largest aquarium in the world with tens of thousands of animals in 8 million gallons of water. M-Su 9AM-6PM; $26.00 (adult); $19.50 (child age 3-12); $21.50 (senior age 55+).
The Forum- shopping center is an outdoor mall!