Pleumeleuc is a commune in the department of Ille-et-Vilaine in Brittany. The town of Pleumeleuc is part of the county of Montfort-sur-Meu and of the town of Rennes. La Vaunoise River goes through the town and many pedestrian paths follow the banks. It is surrounded by Montfort-sur-Meu, Bédée, La Nouaye, Breteil, Iffendic, Talensac, Saint-Gonlay.
Pleumeleuc was an early parish which included the towns of Bédée, Breteil, Clayes, Le Lou-du-Lac and La Nouaye. During the 11th century, the parish of Pleumeleuc was given to the Benedictine monks of Saint-Melaine Abbey.
The closest airport is in Rennes.
Railway station at Montfort-sur-Meu, direct lines from Rennes.
Illenoo Bus, line 2: Breteil, Iffendic, La Nouaye, Montfort-sur-Meu, departing from the railway station of Rennes.
Take RN24 (Rennes-Vannes-Lorient) and the exit Talensac-Montfort.
- Saint-Pierre Church. Partly dating from the 16th century, two granite lions guard the entrance. The building has, on the north wall of the nave, carvings in the shape of fern leaves or a fish bone which would probably date from the Roman period of the 11th century.
- Valley of the Vaunoise river. The Vaunoise river, 32 km long, crosses the North East of the district and is a steep-sided valley.
- Hiking Valley of La Vaunoise. Several marked paths follow the banks of the Vaunoise River.
- Vaunoise-La Monneraye Route. The circuit follows the Vaunoise River.
- Vaunoise-La Motte Route. The circuit follows the Vaunoise River for some time and goes through the countryside of Pleumeleuc.
- Le Goût des Hôtes (épicerie gourmande). Closed Su afternoon. Grocery store offering fresh products, liquids, sweet grocery, salt grocery, gifts.
- Launay Guillaumette Farm. The livestock farming is labeled "race blonde d'Aquitaine". Registered laboratory.
- La Speranza. Diversified menu of Mexican or traditional specialities.
- La Besneraye. Bed & Breakfast at the 1st level of the owner's residence.