Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ufficio Comunale Informazioni Turistiche, Via Bassu (Stazione Marittima), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 9:00-13:00, 15:00-19:00. Run by Cooperativa L'Ibis
Alghero airport is the nearest one to the town (40 min. by bus).
- 1 Stazione marittima (Passenger terminal). The port is connected by ferries with Genoa (11 hr 30 min) by Tirrenia and Grandi Navi Veloci; Barcelona (11 hr 45 min), Civitavecchia (7 hr 15 min) by Grimaldi Lines; Marseille (17 hr), Propriano (4 hr), Ajaccio ((3 hr 30 min) by La Meridionale; Toulon (7 hr), Porto-Vecchio (3:15 hr) by Sardinia Ferries - Corsica Ferries [dead link].
- 2 Linea Asinara, ☏ . Ferry service (1 hr 15 min) departs at least twice a day from Dogana-Segni quay to Cala Reale pier at the Asinara island. Single €10; return €15.
A shuttle bus operates in the port.
- 3 Stazione di Porto Torres Marittima, via Ponte Romano. It's a terminus on the Porto Torres-Ozieri line with Sassari (15 min) in the middle. From Ozieri there are connections to Cagliari and Golfo Aranci (Olbia). There is no ticket office at the station, so tickets are to be bought either on-line, on board or at the tabacchi at via Monte Angellu, 16 (closed on Sundays).
- ATP Sassari. 07:10-20:10. provides urban bus services in the town. Tickets sold at the news agents, tabaccai and also on board (+ €0.50). Single 90 min € 1.20.
- 1 Basilica di San Gavino (Basilica di San Gavino, San Proto e San Gianuario), ☏ . Apr Oct: 09:00-13:00 15:00-18:00; May-Sep: 09:00-13:00 15:00-19:00. 11th-century proto-Romanesque church. It was first mentioned in 1065. Instead of the usual western facade and eastern apse, the cathedral sports two apses. The crypt holds several Roman sarcophagi. Atrium Metropolis at the back yard of the basilica is an archaeological area with excavations of pagan and early Christian necropolises. Basilica and crypt €3; + Atrium Metropolis €4.50; Atrium Metropolis only €1.50.
- 2 Chiesa di San Gavino a Mare, Lungomare Balai.
- 3 [dead link] Antiquarium Turritano, Via Ponte Romano, 99, ☏ . Tu-Su 09:00-20:00. The museums features archaeological findings from the various life stages of the Roman city of Turris Libisonis. According to Pliny the Elder, the only Roman colony of Sardinia. In particular the remains of the Roman baths of the Palazzo del Re Barbaro are located there. €2; + archaeological area €3.
- 4 Ponte romano. Remains of the Roman bridge, the largest in Sardinia with its arches and a span of 160 to 170 metres (520 to 560 ft) on the Rio Mannu.
- 5 Palazzo del Marchese. A "humble" Neoclassical palazzo built by the first Marquis of San Saturnino.
- Neolithic necropolises.
- Aragonese towers.