Poza Rica means "rich pool" because it is known for its abundance of fish. Poza Rica in modern times is known for being an oil town, like the equivalent of Odessa, Texas, although maybe not as ugly.
- 1 Castillo de Teayo (37 km northwest of Poza Rica, in Municipio Castillo Teayo). Ruin from the pre-Colombian Huastec civilization.
̈*Petroleum festival (Desfile del 18 de Marzo) - it's a big deal for the local inhabitants.
- 1 Plaza Gran Patio Poza Rica. Mall with cinema, playground, casino.
- 2 Plaza Crystal Poza Rica. Another mall.
- 1 El Mesón Huasteco, Calle 2 de Enero 20, Cazones. 07ː00-17ː30 daily. Try some Huastecan/Totonacan food.
- 1 Hotel Cristal, Constitución #100, ☏ . Nice breakfast spread and a restaurant on site for lunch and dinner. Spacious rooms and beds. MXN377.
- 2 Hotel Poza Rica, 2 Norte y, Calle 10 Ote S/N, ☏ . Breakfast, gym, restaurant. In the center of the action with many stores and restaurants around. MXN692.