North America > United States of America > Midwest > Wisconsin > Southwest Wisconsin > Baraboo River Valley > Prairie du SacJump to navigation Jump to search
- Sauk Prairie Airport (91CFAA LID) is the airport serving the Sauk Prairie area (Sauk City and Prairie du Sac). It has no commercial flights, but is open to the public for general aviation flights.
- US-12 goes through Sauk City, a neighboring city of Prairie du Sac. Take the Business route to get into Prairie du Sac. State routes including WI-60, WI-78, and WI-188 also pass through or near Prairie du Sac.
- 40 minutes from downtown Madison on US-12, and from the Dane County Regional Airport on WI-113, County K, and US-12.
- 100 minutes from Milwaukee on I-94, and 3 hours from Chicago on I-90.
- 2 hours and 30 minutes from Green Bay on I-41 and WI-60.
- Amtrak's Empire Builder route stops in Wisconsin Dells and Portage (Wisconsin), each are around 30 minutes away from Prairie du Sac by car.
- Wollersheim Winery, 7876 State Rd 188, toll-free: . 10am-5pm, seven days a week. Offers tours and wine-tasting.
- Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw. Has been held in Prairie du Sac every Labor Day Weekend for more than thirty years. The rules are simple and steadfast: two chips to each contestant, and the chip thrown the farthest is the winner. If the chip breaks up in the air, the piece that went the farthest will be the one that counts; the winners go on to represent Wisconsin in the nationals. There are men's and women's divisions, and the cow chips are provided (e.g. you don't have to bring your own). There are arts and crafts, live music, food and drinks as well. It's in Marion Park, off First Street.
- Skyview Motel, S9645 US Hwy 12, ☏ . Motel across the highway from Sauk Prairie Airport.
- Baraboo has a casino and the Devil's Head ski resort.
- Devil's Lake includes miles of hiking trails, some of them on bluffs of moraine overlooking the lake. The park has two pleasant beaches, and you can hike, bike, boat, swim, climb, hunt, or fish. It can be a bit crowded in the summer.
- Madison, the state capitol, is within an hour's reach by car.
|Routes through Prairie du Sac|
|Wisconsin Dells ← Baraboo ←||NW SE||→ Middleton → Madison|