Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wollersheim Winery, 7876 State Rd 188, toll-free: . 10am-5pm, seven days a week. Offers tours and wine-tasting.
- Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw. Has been held in Prairie du Sac every Labor Day Weekend for more than thirty years. The rules are simple and steadfast: two chips to each contestant, and the chip thrown the farthest is the winner. If the chip breaks up in the air, the piece that went the farthest will be the one that counts; the winners go on to represent Wisconsin in the nationals. There are men's and women's divisions, and the cow chips are provided (e.g. you don't have to bring your own). There are arts and crafts, live music, food and drinks as well. It's in Marion Park, off First Street.
- Baraboo has a casino and the Devil's Head ski resort.
- Devil's Lake includes miles of hiking trails, some of them on bluffs of morraine overlooking the lake. The park has two pleasant beaches, and you can hike, bike, boat, swim, climb, hunt, or fish. It can be a bit crowded in the summer.
- Madison, the state capitol, is within an hour's reach by car.
|Routes through Prairie du Sac|
|Wisconsin Dells ← Baraboo ←||NW SE||→ Middleton → Madison|