Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Triggs Memorial Golf Course, 1533 Chalkstone Ave, ☏ . One of Rhode Island’s most well-known public golf courses. Located just minutes from downtown Providence, it offers views of the city from some of the more elevated points. It is a nice middle ground between a championship course and an enjoyable public course. Green fees: Weekend/Weekdays: $40 (18 Holes), $23 (9 Holes). Cart fees per player: $18 (18 holes), $9 (9 holes).
- Rue De L'Espoir, 99 Hope Street, ☏ . Offers unique dining experiences in breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Set in the historic East Side district of Providence, "The Rue" features food specializing in fresh regional cooking, with influences from France, Italy, and Asia. Charming and warm ambiance, friendly wait staff and an impressive menu. Interesting choices are their cheese board and Monday's "Dollar Daze," with $1 apps at the bar.
- Not Just Snacks, 833 Hope Street, ☏ . This is a small restaurant that serves very traditional Indian and Pakistani food at an affordable price. This family owned and handicapped accessible business is open from 11AM-9PM 7 days a week. They do not take reservations but you can call in to place an order either to be eaten there or to take out. They do not serve and drinks that are alcoholic. However, they are a BYOB establishment and will provide you with glasses for beer or wine upon request. Both the outside and inside of the buildings are very unassuming so make sure your eyes are peeled when looking for it.
- Tantric Lounge, 1070 North Main Street, ☏ .
- Monet Lounge, 115 Harris Ave, ☏ . This lounge/nightclub is a nice setting for a night of dancing or just lounging, they provide plush couches and bar stools. In addition there is a large VIP section if you're interested in your own private party. Cover charge; dress to impress; 18 to party, 21 to drink.
- Bradley's Cafe, 571 Admiral St, ☏ . Open till 1AM everyday. This is a great relaxed bar to kick back and enjoy a beer with the pals. It is a bit dirty, but that can be part of the enjoyment of it all. Sometimes all a person needs is night of relaxation at the bar. "Brad's" as it is commonly referred to, is always filled with locals and college students. They also can play great music, so when you have had one too many, you can dance it out on the dance floor. The bathroom is a bit gross though, be wary of that, it's definitely a typical bar bathroom.