Providence County is in the northernmost region of Rhode Island.
- 1 Burrillville
- 2 Central Falls
- 3 Cranston
- 4 Cumberland
- 5 East Providence
- 6 Foster
- 7 Glocester
- 8 Johnston
- 9 Lincoln
- 10 North Providence
- 11 North Smithfield
- 12 Pawtucket
- 13 Providence - The capital of Rhode Island and largest city.
- 14 Scituate
- 15 Smithfield
- 16 Woonsocket
- The southern portion of the Blackstone Valley National Corridor is encompassed by Providence County.
Blackstone Valley Canal District has a long story that you will be curious to know when you travel along the valley canal. You will see old mills along the Blackstone River, a standing witness to history. The yellow building with the white-topped cupola along the Blackstone River is one of the most historical structures in the United States.It is Slater Mill, America's first factories and the birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution.
The Blackstone Valley becomes a place where history and culture are embraced in each city. The resources of the valley are sufficient enough to provide a high level quality of life for residents all over the it's cities. It is inspiring to know how communities had built around the valley between the 18th and 19th century. So take advantage of being in New England and grasp the history and culture by visiting Blackstone valley.You can discover the beauty of its nature by visiting the Blackstone Valley Scenic Railway Tours or Samuel Slater Canal Boat.Think about preparing your family for fun day at Slater Park in Pawtucket. It has all kinds of different activities.
It all depends on what city you're going to start visiting. If you are using train transportation, you are going to start from Providence, or you may use the south Attleboro station because it is closer to Pawtucket. If you choose to use the airplane, you will start from Warwick. Remember, you will need to rent a car.
For many people, driving is the best way to experience the beauty and culture of Rhode Island. Most major car rental companies have offices at Rhode Island's TF Green Airport. They are also all over Rhode Island's cities and towns.
- Willard House and clock Museum. Discover where time began in the black stone valley in the small workshop of the clock maker. In the city of Grafton, Massachusetts, the year 1766, the museum's collections includes over 80 Willard clocks at largest in the world of its original kind. http://www.willardhouse.org
- Providence Children museum. It is the place for children; it has a very wide range of edcational activities that strengthen their ability to learn and play at the same time http://www.childrenmuseum.org/
- Blackstone Valley Scenic Railway Tours. From Cumberland, RI to Putnam, Ct. enjoy fall Foliage and Shopping Excursion to Putnam, CT. A full 3 1/2 hours in Putnam for antique shopping, dining, and Putnam Fall Festival.
- Samuel Slater Canal Boat and B&B. Launched in May, 2000 as a millennium project, the 40-foot canal boat is the only one of its kind plying American waters. Docked at its permanent docking area at Central Falls Landing, The boat can seat up to 12 for river tours and can be chartered for up to 4 as an overnight bed and breakfast.
Discover opportunities for walking through mill villages, exploring canal towpaths, canoeing and visiting historic sites.
Enjoy bird watching while you're hiking out in the beautiful nature.
When you are in Woonsocket, make sure you don't miss the English style Fish and Chips from Ye Old English. your choices are Fish and Chips or French style apple pie at the French Farmer Market. There are plenty of farms all over the valley providing excellent quality food products besides the regular food markets like Stop and Shop and Shows
Standard precautions should be taken.
|Routes through Providence County|
|Hartford ← Providence ←||W E||→ Seekonk → New Bedford|