- Richmond Town Hall, W9046 County Road A (Us-12 towards Janesville take a left on Hwy 89 to County A. Take a left on A and the hall is on the right.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. When traveling though Richmond or planning to stay for awhile, the town hall is a good resource.
US-12 leaves Elkhorn going to Madison, going between Whitewater and Richmond. You can take County A, north of Elkhorn, that goes through Richmond and goes to Janesville. You can take a left on Hwy P that will take you through the middle of Richmond Crossing County A. Hwy 89 crosses US-12 and County A going through Richmond.
The area of Richmond is only accessible via car or bicycle. You can walk, but keep in mind this is a rural area where there are no sidewalks. There are side roads that are not as busy as the major ones.
The section of U.S. Route 12 between Chicago and Madison, specifically between Lake Geneva and Whitewater Wisconsin, offers many things to do. There are many different types of lakes, some busy like Lake Geneva and others peaceful and relaxing like Turtle Lake. You can also see a ski show on Whitewater lake. Route 12 goes along the Kettle Moraine that has many parks, hiking and biking trails and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Wildlife area that you can hunt in or view wildlife.
- 1 Needles ‘n Pins, W9034 County Road A, Delavan, WI (Hwy 12 to County Rd A to Hwy 89), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sunday: 1pm - 5pm Monday: 9am - 5pm Wednesday: 9am - 5pm Friday: 9am - 5pm Saturday: 9am - 5pm. This business sells yarn by brand names and by fiber. It also sells patterns, books along with needles and hooks. Knit or crochet garments are homemade and sold.
- 1 Snug Harbor Pub and Restaurant, W7785 Wisconsin Parkway (US 12 & Hwy. P), ☏ . Bar and restaurant with a pleasant porch and also a deck overlooking Turtle Lake. After eating you can relax over a game of horseshoes or hit the beach. See website for menu.
- 2 The Duck Inn Supper Club, N6214 Highway 89 (Going towards Janesville on US-12, take a left on Hwy 89. On the corner of Hwy 89 ans County A.), ☏ . Th 4PM-9PM, F-Sa 4PM-10PM (Jan-Mar), M & W-Th 4PM-9PM, F-Sa 4PM-10PM, Su noon-9PM (rest of year). Fine dining.
- 1 Staller Estate Wisconsin Winery & Vineyard, W8896 County Hwy A Delavan, WI 53115 (Hwy 12 to hwy A to Hwy 89), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Wed – Sun 11-6PM. This business is a farm setting with a vineyard behind it. It offers seating inside and outside. This business offers a variety of white and red wines. They offer a European lunch that has cheese, meats, olives, and complements the wine.
- 1 Mcintyre's Resort, 6471 Milwaukee Rd. A homey family-run resort overlooking Turtle Lake. Two quaint one-bedroom cottages are furnished with antiques and feature kitchens, bathrooms, and screened-in porches with sitting areas, internet, charcoal BBQs and picnic tables. There's also a rowboat and a fire pit for guest use, and the grounds contain gardens and a pond. Event space for up to 200 guests is available, as well as lakeside campsites.
There is no free Internet access in this area.
- Delavan is a city with old-fashioned brick streets and a circus theme. It is around seven miles away.
- Elkhorn is located about ten miles east of here. Home of the Walworth County Fair (Wisconsin's largest), this small city is famous for the fabulous Christmas decorations that go up each holiday season downtown.
- Whitewater is a college town.
|Routes through Richmond|
|Milwaukee ← Elkhorn ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Beloit|
|Dubuque ← Janesville ←||W E||→ Elkhorn → Racine|
|END ←||W E||→ Williams Bay → Kenosha|