- For other places with the same name, see Rincon (disambiguation).
Rincón, the Town of Beautiful Sunsets, is in the Porta del Sol region of Puerto Rico, southwest of Aguadilla. Rincón, well known for its world-class surfing beaches, was the host of the World Surfing Championship in 1968.
The community is composed of local Puerto Ricans, international surfers, Americans and other nationalities who come to surf the legendary waves. Locals are friendly to tourists, but it can be helpful to be able to exchange some words in Spanish.
Roads in Rincón can be uncomfortable due to their narrowness, but they sure lead you to a natural paradise. In Rincón you can use famous Rincón-413.
- Rincon Tours & Taxi, ☏ .
- Ramon Full Transportation Services - Bilingual, ☏ .
- Desecheo Island National Wildlife Refuge. Desecheo Island, 14 miles from the coast, is not open to visitors; however, diving, snorkeling and fishing around the island is allowed.
- 1 Rincón Lighthouse Park / El Faro Lighthouse, Route 4413, just off Route 413, ☏ , fax: . Erratic hours; sign on door says 'usually open at 10:30'. Recreation site with a beautiful view of the Desecheo Island National Wildlife Refuge on Mona Passage. The park has a gift shop and a snack bar.
- Rincón Nuclear Plant. Unusual dome-shaped building that is being converted into a museum.
- Rincón Town Square.
- Whale watching. Usually December–March, February being the peak season. While impossible to predict what time whales will show up, usually before 10AM and evenings are the best time. The Rincón Lighthouse is a great place to whale watch.
- Santa Rosa de Lima Church, physical location: in the town square, ☏ , fax: . The church opens and closes at different times throughout the year. Please call for hours.. Santa Rosa de Lima is a Catholic Church which is over 100 years old. Mass is held in the Church daily. The artwork in the Church is beautiful. A notable piece to see is the statue of Jesus lying in state. free..
- 1 Boarding House Surf School (Boarding House Surf School), ☏ . located in Barrio Puntas $75 and up.
- [dead link] Katarina Sail Charters, Black Eagle Marina, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Day Sails: 10:30AM-1:30PM; Evening Sails: 4:30PM-After sunset. Day sails includes snorkeling, whale watching and lunch, and evening sails include whale watching and free drinks. Day Sails: $60/30 (Adults/Children under 12); Evening Sails: $50/25 (Adults/Children under 12).
- Moon Dog Fishing Charters, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Fishing charters.
- Rincón Skate Town, Calle Nueve Carr. 115 km 5.2, ☏ . M-F 11AM-9PM; Sa Su & holidays 9AM-9PM.
- Surf Camp / Surf School, Carr. 115 km 8.2, ☏ . M-F. Learn to Surf!
- Taino Divers, Black Eagle Marina, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 9AM-9PM. Diving and snorkeling, whale watching tours and fishing.
- Almirante Beach
- Córcega Beach
- Los Almendros Beach
- Punta Higüero Beach
- Rincón Public Beach
- Sandy Beach
- Dogman's Beach
- Domes Beach
- Indicator Beach
- Maria's Beach
- Spanish Wall Beach
- Steps Beach - Show up mid-morning to early afternoon for the best place to surf or watch surfers. Named "Steps" for the set of concrete stairs a few feet in the water.
- Tres Palmas
There are shops along the street of the town center and state-road 413. Rincón is also near Aguadilla which is home to various shopping malls. There are also several surf shops in Rincón.
- [dead link] Mango Beach Shop, 413 Puntas, Rincon (Next to the Tamboo), ☏ . 9AM-6PM. Sea glass jewelry, t-shirts, bathings suits and much tropical crafts.
- Parrotphernalia & More Gift Shop, Carr. 413 Km 4.1 (Lazy Parrot Inn), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Gift shop with typical souvenirs, along with work by local artisans, including sea glass jewelry, photographs, and other unusual pieces.
- Antojo's, Road 115 Km 11.2, Pueblo, Rincon, ☏ . 10:30AM-10PM, closed Tuesday. Delicious & affordable local food.
- Brasas Grill & Pelican Grill, Road 115 km 5.8 (Rincón Beach Resort), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Brasas Grill offers steaks and seafood, and Pelican Grill serves lighter food.
- Das Alpen Cafe (German-Italian Restaurant), Rincon Plaza South (close to central square), ☏ . 5PM-10PM. German and Italian restaurant. Authentic Southern German and Northern Italian cuisine and beers. Try their Sauerbraten or Rouladen. $15-20.
- EL Bambino Italian Restaurant, ☏ . Italian and Puerto Rican dishes.
- El Fogon De La Curva Restaurant (Oceanview), Hwy 115 (The curve going into Rincon), ☏ . 10AM-11PM. Offers traditional Puerto Rican dishes, lechon, fresh daily fish specials, beers and homemade infused rum. Sushi & Martini Den, with fresh sushi and selection of martinis. Attached fresh fish market.
- El Pequeno Guavate Restaurant, Carr. 414, Km 4.5. Traditional Puerto Rican fare including mofongo, lechon, arroz gandules, yucca and appetizers.
- Harbor Restaurant, ☏ . On the beach at Sunset Village. Fresh local fish and lobster mixed with Caribbean Creole cuisine.
- Horned Dorset Primavera, ☏ .
- KaPlash. For empanadillas.
- La Ana de Cofresi Restaurant, ☏ .
- Rincón Nativo, Carr. 115 Km 10.4 (Behind the Sports Complex), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Su-Th 5PM-1AM; F Sa 5PM-3AM.
- Rincón Tropical Restaurant, ☏ . Closed Tuesday. Creole dishes.
- Rock Bottom Grill, ☏ . Daily: 10AM-?.
- Royal Palm Cafe.
- Lucky 13 BBQ, Road 155 (Corner of 115 and Calle 14. Great food and inexpensive. Southern Style food. Lunches $5-6.
- [formerly dead link] Tamboo Seaside Grill, Road 413, Km. 4, Sandy Beach Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Beautiful location on the beach. Late evening dance scene.
- The English Rose, Bo. Ensenada,(Pineapple Hill), ☏ . Highly regarded as the best breakfast in Rincon. A must-do while in Rincon.
- The Lazy Parrot Restaurant, Carr. 413 Km 4.1, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Some of Rincon's favorite restaurants are right here at The Lazy Parrot - whether you're looking for a romantic dinner at our tropical dining pavilion or a quick snack or tropical drink at our Rum Shack Poolside. Visit www.LazyParrot.com see website menu.
- The Paradise Restaurant. Comida criolla breakfast and lunch.
- Tropical Gourmet, Hwy 115 (next to Bonet Liquors). Authentic Puerto Rican fare in a casual atmosphere. Try the mofongo!
- Shipwreck Bar and Grill, Carr. 413 (Black Eagle Marina), ☏ . Nightly seafood special fresh of the boat, large salads, burgers, pastas, steaks. Try the tuna tamari salad or Nana’s 7-Hour meat sauce.
- Rincon Grocery Delivery (Rincon Puerto Rico Services), Carr 414, ☏ . Personal grocery shopping and delivery services in Rincon.
In addition to these, several hotels also have bars.
- Banana Dang Coffee (Banana Dang Coffee Bar), Carr. 413 Km 4.1 Puntas, Rincon (2 doors next to the Lazy Parrot Inn on Rt. 413 Km 4.1), ☏ . 7AM-4PM (closed Tuesday). Banana Dang Coffee is a neighborhood coffeebar serving specialty coffee from Puerto Rico and healthy banana smoothies. Wi-Fi and computers too. $2 - 5.
- [dead link] Calypso, Road 4413 Bo. Puntas Maria's Beach, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily: 11AM-?.
- Sandy Beach Inn, Road 413, Km 4.3. Great ocean views and friendly atmosphere.
Or, if you prefer, you can have alcohol delivered to you:
- Bonet Liquor Store & Delivery, Plaza Bonet, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Rum Shack Poolside at The Lazy Parrot, ☏ . Serves lighter meals and snacks next to the pool during high season. Special theme nights feature Reggae Night, Surfing Slideshows, travelling art shows and more. During low season when The Lazy Parrot Restaurant is closed, they incorporate items from both menus
There are only four actual hotels in town, and remaining lodging options are made up of vacation rentals, guest houses and villas.
- Relais & Châteaux Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel, Apartado 1132, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. $360-1385/night (low season), $596-1385/night (high season).
- Rincón Beach Resort, Road 115 KM 5.8, Añasco, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. This hotel has a bar. $195-545 (low season), $230-625 (high season).
- [dead link] Rincón of the Seas - Grand Caribbean Hotel, Road 115, Km 12.2, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This hotel has a bar. $190-410 (low season), $235-495 (high season).
- Villa Cofresí Hotel, Road 115 KM. 12.0, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The hotel has a restaurant and bar on premises. $115-160.
- Tropic Cabanas, Road 413 KM 4.4, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Stylish tropical rentals across the street from Anotnio's Beach in Puntas 125-160.
- [formerly dead link] Beside the Pointe Inn, Road 413, Km. 4, Sandy Beach Road, Puntas, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. $70-156 (low season), $90-180 (high season).
- Casa Isleña, Carr. Int. 413 Km. 4.0, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. $115-185.
- [dead link] Casa Vista del Mar, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. $95-125.
- Coconut Palms Inn at the Beach, 2734 Calle 8, Comunidad Estela, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This inn has eight rooms and is on the beach. $75-150.
- [formerly dead link] EV Vacation Rentals, Carr 429 Km2.7 (between Heinz Mansion and Horned Dorsett Primavera Hotel), ☏ , ✉ prVacationRental@aol.com. 3 large beautiful studio guest rooms within walking distance to the beaches. Prices Start $75/night.
- Lazy Parrot Inn, Carr. 413 Km 4.1, Bo. Puntas, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. A quaint Caribbean Inn, with restaurants, pool side bar, gift shop, putt-putt, buffet breakfast and resort-style rooms.
- [dead link] Parador Villa Antonio, Road 115 Km.12.0, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Parador Villa Antonio is on the beach, although not all rooms have an ocean view. Each room, whether it is an apartment or a beach front cottage, comes equipped with air conditioning and a kitchen. $115-150.
- The Pineapple Inn, 2911, Calle 11, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Across the street from the beach. $95-140.
- Surf 787 Bed 'n Breakfast, Carr 115, Barrio Calvache, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This inn has 6 rooms and is on hillside near beach. $90-135.
- Amapola House Ocean View Villa, toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Three-level vacation home with 4 bedrooms, three full baths and rooftop spa tub. Sleeps up to eight. $175-245/night.
- Beachside Villas, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Located on a quiet street by the beach, Beachside Villas is a classic beach house in a tropical setting, fully furnished. A large private pool and plenty of outdoor space. $175-350/night.
- Casa Tamara and Casa Serena, toll-free: , ✉ RinconVillas@gmail.com. Vacation home. $875-1575/week.
- [dead link] El Mirador Guesthouse, SR 413, Km. 4, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Vacation home. Sleeps up to 10. $135-185/night.
- Lemontree Oceanfront Cottages, Carr 429, Km. 4.1, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Beachfront vacation rental inn. Sleeps up 2-6. $95-$295/night.
- Casa Lorraine Beach House, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Vacation home. Sleeps up to six. $200/night; $1400/week.
- Pelican Point Apartments (on Sandy Beach), ☏ . $150 night (2 bedroom 1 bath).
- Punta Beach Vacation Apartments, toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Vacation home. Sleeps up to six. $125-165/night.
- [dead link] The Red Door (email@example.com). Vacation home. $1015-1330/week.
- Tres Sirenas Beach Inn, ☏ . $150-260 (low season), $160-280 (high season).
- [dead link] Road 413 (On Pineapple Hill, 5 minutes to Steps Beach), ☏ . 1 bedroom, swimming pool. $125 night.
- Caracol Ché. Vacation home. Sleeps up to 8. $1650-5800/week.
- Rincón Escape Villa. Vacation home. $300/day.
- Rincon Ocean Villa. 3.5 acre, gated property directly on the Corcega Beach in Rincon. Villa, rented as a whole. Sleeps up to 28. 10 bedrooms, 9 full and 2 half baths. 65 foot pool, whirlpool, exercise facility, sauna, grand dining room that comfortably seats 22, courtyard and whale watch tower. $2,500-4,000/night (low-high season).
- [dead link] The 429 Sunset Strip private club, Carr.429 km 2.9 Bo. Barrerro, Rincon (Located next to Posh Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel), ☏ . 11,000 sq ft, 4 levels with 35 mile sea and coastal view of Southwest coast.
- [dead link] Tres Amigos Beach House. Vacation home. $1800/week.
- Villa Ocean Mist (Rincon Villa), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandy Beach. 3 bedroom 2 full bath 2 half bath - rooftop bar. $350 night $2450 Weekly.
Since Puerto Rico is roughly 160 km by 56 km (100 miles by 35 miles), just about any town is within a half day's drive.
Nearby towns include: