Bentota is a city in Southern Sri Lanka.
There are air-conditioned buses (bus no. 2) that run from Colombo Fort to Galle that will stop at Bentota (2-2½ hour journey) and cost about Rs. 150.
There is a small railway station in Bentota but most of the trains stop at Aluthgama (2 km from Bentota).
Bentota Perahera (A2 road). Buddhism festival which happens once a year at the end of December. It is similar but smaller than the Esala Perahera in Kandy. Elephants, dancers, fire jugglers and musicians parade from 23:00 to 01:00.
Turtle hatcheries (Induruwa beach). Place where turtle eggs and babies are protected until their release. Open to tourists.
- Silk Route Cafe & Restaurant, 357 Warahena, ☏ . Silk Route Café serves an authentic selection of culinary delights from countries in the ancient land & naval silk routes. The menu is inspired by the vibrant cultures on the route & their mastery in the use of spices,herbs & flavours. US$5-30.
- Hotel Wunderbar, Robolgoda, Bentota Beach. It's a small, family-run boutique hotel with 14 rooms directly at the beach, catering for individual tourists with the service of a big chain hotel. More information in English and German is available on the official website.
- Cocoon Resort and Villas, Kaikawala Road, Induruwa, 80510, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. It offers accommodations with the following names: silk rooms, luxury villas, extravagant villas, and grand villas. All are equipped with a king-sized bed, air conditioning, and satellite/cable tv. The resort also has a restaurant, massage service and steamroom. from US$260.
- Temple Tree Resort & Spa, 660, Galle Road, ☏ . Each room is equipped with an air-conditioner, cable TV, and mini-bar, coffee/tea maker. The hotel also has a swimming pool and spa, high-speed internet access, and provides airport and city transfers. Rates on official website start at US$135.
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant, 21 Meegama Road, Warapitiya, Bentota River (along the Bentota River), ☏ . Ayurvedic resort and restaurant surrounded by gardens. From US$150.