Rohnert Park is a city located in Sonoma County in the Bay Area of California. Rohnert Park is a small city of about 45,000 residents. The city of Rohnert Park, although beautiful, does not offer much regarding tourism.
Most people use a personal vehicle, however, there is a bus system and several taxis. The streets are very friendly for bikes, or walking. The two main bus lines are Sonoma County Transit and Golden Gate Transit.
Play tennis, softball or soccer at one of the many parks. Walk or bike on one of the paths that run through the city.
- 1 Chuck E. Cheese, 601 Rohnert Pk Exprwy, ☎ . Su–Th 11AM–9PM, F 11AM–10PM, Sa 10AM–10PM. Visit on a Monday-Thursday (avoid weekends).
- 2 Reading Cinemas, 555 Rohnert Park Expwy West, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Catch a flick at the large and beautiful movie theater.
- 3 Foxtail Golf Club, 100 Golf Course Drive, ☎ . Play a few rounds of golf at the two beautiful golf courses, North and South.
- 4 Scandia (Scandia Family Fun Center), 5301 Redwood Dr, ☎ . Su–Th 10AM–9PM, F Sa 10AM–11PM. Play mini-golf, ride the go karts, experience the batting cages and arcade.
- Honeybee Pool.
- Benecia Pool.
- 5 Crane Creek Regional Park, 6107 Pressley Road. A 128-acre park to the east of Sonoma State University.
- 6 Cal Skate, 6100 Commerce Blvd, ☎ . Roller skating.
- Double Decker Lanes. Bowling.
Rohnert Park offers a Target, Walmart, Costco, Dollar Tree, Ashley Furniture, Home Depot, among others.
In addition to the locally owned places listed here, Rohnert Park also offers many chain restaurants. Supermarkets include Safeway, Raley's, Food Maxx, Grocery Outlet, and Pacific Market
- Hana Japanese Restaurant, 101 Golf Course Dr. Voted best Japanese restaurant in Sonoma County.
- Hunan Kitchen. Combo meals for $4-$6. Located on Commerce, behind KFC.
- Black Bear Diner, 6255 Commerce Blvd. Old fashioned family food for around $10.
- Mary's Pizza Shack, 101 Golf Course Dr. Delicious Italian food.
- Taqueria El Favorito. Authentic Mexican food for about $5.
- 1 Amy's Drive Thru, 58 Golf Course Drive West, ☎ . Daily 6AM–10PM. A fast-food restaurant with an all-vegetarian menu of burgers, burritos, pizza, salad, and of course milk shakes. Many vegan and gluten-free options. Aims to use local and sustainable ingredients and materials. Entrees $5.
Neighboring city Cotati is famous for a stretch of bars in the downtown area nicknamed 'The Cotati Crawl'. This includes The 8 Ball, Spanky's and a few others.
- Quincy's Pub.
- Sally Tomatoes, 1100 Valley House Dr, ☎ . M-F 10AM-9PM, Sa 5PM-9PM. Sally Tomatoes is a cafe/bar/event center located in the Sonoma Mountain Village Community. ST serves delicious salads, outstanding burgers, some wonderful Italian specialties, and raspberry brownies to die for. Happy Hour is M-F 4PM-6PM. $8-12.
- Rodeway Inn Winecountry, 6288 Redwood Dr, ☎ . A budget hotel offering discount hotel accommodations, complimentary breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool, a convenient location, free wireless Internet.
- Best Western Inn, 6500 Redwood Dr, ☎ , fax: .
- Motel 6, 6145 Commerce Blvd, ☎ , fax: .
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 6248 Redwood Dr.
- Double Tree Hotel, One Doubletree Dr.
|Routes through Rohnert Park|
|Eureka ← Santa Rosa ←||N S||→ Cotati → San Francisco|
|END ← Santa Rosa ←||N S||→ Cotati → San Rafael|