Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rumford is located on Route 2 between Bethel and Farmington. It is also along the Scenic Route 17 between Jay and Rangeley. Visitors from the south can find Rumford at the Western end of Route 108.
- Shopper's Island. The entire business district is built on an island.
- Rumford Municipal Building. (architecture)
- Hotel Harris. (architecture)
- Strathglass Building. (architecture)
- Mechanics Institute Building. (architecture)
- Vietnam Memorial. In Memorial Park at the end of Congress Street.
- Rumford Historical Society. Located in the Rumford Municipal Building
Rumford Information Booth
- Paul Bunyan Statue.
- Pennacook (Rumford) Falls. Largest Vertical Drop east of Niagara Falls
- Edmund Sixtus Muskie Memorial. A leader in clean water legislation, former Senator and U.S. Secretary of State.
- Indian Sillhouettes. By J. Eugene Boivin
Rumford Falls Village
- Rumford Library. One of the original Carnegie Libraries.
- Strathglass Park. A community built for the workers in the mill by Hugh Chisholm (architecture)
Rumford Center Village
- Rumford Museum (at Lufkin School).
- Rumford Settlement Marker.
- Black Mountain of Maine - Nordic & Alpine Skiing, 39 Glover Rd, ☏ , ✉ BlackMtnofME@adelphia.net.
- Hosmer Field, Route 2 (Rumford Falls Village). Baseball, Football, Walking Trail, Picnic Tables, Horseshoe Pits, Hockey Rink, Skating Rink, River Access, Skateboard Street Course (Planned), BMX Course (Planned), Playground (Planned)
- Shopper's Island (Rumford Falls Village).
- Secret Beneath. Intimate apparel
- Bartash's. Gifts, Card Store
- Carlisle. Clothing Store
- Stanley's. Furniture Store
- Treasures (on the island). Gift Store
- Route 2 Diner.
In addition to McDonalds:
- Teena's Restaurant.
- Candlepin Cafe. Oxford Lanes
- DiConzo's Ristorante, Congress Street.
- River Valley Grill, Exchange Street.
- Rumford House of Pizza, Congress Street.
- King Wok, Congress Street.
- Mountain Valley Variety, Route 2, Hancock St. Take out.
- Brian's Bistro (Hotel Harris, Shoppers Island).
- Hotel Rumford, Canal St (Shopper's Island).
- Eagle's Club, Rumford Avenue (Rumford Falls).
- American Legion Hall, Congress St (Shopper's Island).
- VFW, Waldo St (Rumford Falls).
- BPO Elks, River St (Shopper's Island).
- Linnell Motel & Restinn Conference Center, Prospect Ave (Just off Route 2 near McDonalds).
- Blue Iris Motor Inn (Rumford Center).
- Hotel Harris, Congress Street (Downtown Rumford Falls).
|Routes through Rumford|
|St. Johnsbury ← Newry ←||W E||→ Mexico → Bangor|
|END ←||W E||→ Peru → Jct E|
|Ends at ← Andover ←||W E||→ END|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct N S → END|